Is Mesa planning a refreshening of the Stiletto line?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hfisher3380

Reaction score
I noticed recently two different Toronto-area stores offering Stilettos at reduced prices (Steve's and Long&McQuade). Does anyone have any insights to why that may be? My initial thoughts are perhaps Mesa is planning on updating the line - with a third channel maybe? It is unusual to see Mesas at sale prices.

Dunno, don't think anyone here really knows that stuff, but NAMM isnt too far off. Hopefully the Mark 5 will be out in jan (at least introduced) maybe they'll have a 3 channel stiletto.

I think a 3 channel would be sweet.. just add in a clone of the 2nd channel.. so its "clean" "dirty" "dirty" no real mods necessary.

Even cooler (i think) would be a stiletto roadking / roadster. the former could have 6 tubes.. 4 el 34 and 2 el84 (or kt66) with progressive linkage. and 4 channels of course.. 1 lonestar clean. and then the aforementioned 3 channel stiletto circuit. with reverb of course.

the later, could be that without the pogressive linkage, 4 tubes 4 channles and reverb but a very british influence.

of course they have to keep room for the new flagship amp.. the MARK KING!... its gonna have 4 channels... a clean, a mkIIc+ lead, a mkiV lead, and the new mk 5 lead channel. as well progressive simul - class, 2 6l6's 2 el34's 1 kt66 and 1 kt 88 and they can all run class a or a/b, and be selected in different pairs. as well it has 3 rectifier tubes, or diodes or the new nanobot technology rectifier. then it runs in bold/ and spongy, and their new "danger" high voltage setting that bumps up the voltage to drive the amp harder than imaginable. its gonna cost around 5K to start with options like a flame thrower and donut maker being available on the 2nd revision.

"mmmm forbidden donut"

dmcguitar said:
I think a 3 channel would be sweet.. just add in a clone of the 2nd channel.. so its "clean" "dirty" "dirty" no real mods necessary.

"mmmm forbidden donut"

That would be my dream amp...I would buy 2 of them.

even though i was a bit sarcastic about the Mark King (i do think that would rock)

a 3 channel stilletto would be great, and if the mark 5 has two awesome lead channels and its clean i think many people would be buying new amps. how many times do you see the post for someone wanting the IIc+ or IV lead tone (used for rhythms) and then a copy of that to use for leads with different eq settings.

Maybe just older Stock that they need to move on.

I know of a couple of Stores with units they are keen to move.

To me the Stiletto is perfect the way it is. Instead of adding another channel... just get a Lonestar head and sit it on top of the Stiletto head and you have the perfect amp.

srf399 said:
To me the Stiletto is perfect the way it is. Instead of adding another channel... just get a Lonestar head and sit it on top of the Stiletto head and you have the perfect amp.

A very expensive one, but perfect nonetheless. Actually, combining those two would make a stellar amp indeed

srf399 said:
just get a Lonestar head and sit it on top of the Stiletto head and you have the perfect amp.

Somebody's been watching Andy Timmons video's again :wink: :lol:

I know there's a certain type of mod for it, but I'd love to have a Stiletto dirty channel on the Brit voice of my RKII.

Hey I played a Stileto Ace and a LS Classic today. Was it me or is the Stileto dirty channel the brightest dirt channel in the world or what? I've heard the first Stiletos dirtys are killer althought their cleans suffered somewhat and the second Stiletos cleans are great and the dirty suffers..... is that the general concensus here?

rastaman said:
Hey I played a Stileto Ace and a LS Classic today. Was it me or is the Stileto dirty channel the brightest dirt channel in the world or what? I've heard the first Stiletos dirtys are killer althought their cleans suffered somewhat and the second Stiletos cleans are great and the dirty suffers..... is that the general concensus here?

Um, no. That's not the general consensus here. The gain channel can be bright but that's what the EQ knobs are for :wink: . Both channels are amazing thank you.

I would like to see a little more low end in the Stiletto cct

insideout said:
rastaman said:

Um, no. That's not the general consensus here. The gain channel can be bright but that's what the EQ knobs are for :wink: . Both channels are amazing thank you.

I've played 2 and read numerous descriptions that match in threads. Little biased being as you have one?

The Stiletto is VERY picky to what you run with it. Bypassing the loop does it wonders. I dropped a RFT 12ax7 in V1, and it is DEFINITELY not bright....huge and crunchy is a better way to define it now. This is even with Vintage 30s, which are not for the overly dark tone love IMO.

The stiletto is an outstanding amp. It's just very picky of pickups, cabs, speakers, etc. If you give it a shot, and tinker a little, it has more tone that you would ever guess.

Sure, I own one. But I've also owned a recto, a Mark IV, and the stiletto slays them all. For me atleast.

Best of luck on the tone hunt.

Eric

rastaman said:
Little biased being as you have one?

Look at your original question. Did you want an answer from the folks around here who don't own one? There's countless threads of people raving about how much they love it. I apologize for the hint of sarcasm in my last response, but if you already knew the answer, why ask?

I will say that when I ran it into an Orange 2x12 cab with V30s in it and it sounded MUCH better. I was thinking about getting an Ace head version and running it into a Bogner OS 2x12....... what say you all about that?

i'm all for the Stiletto/Road King idea!! That would be one hell of an amp. A Lonestar for the cleans and a stiletto for the leads; all the in the same head? They'd sell a million of them...

kingster911 said:
I know there's a certain type of mod for it, but I'd love to have a Stiletto dirty channel on the Brit voice of my RKII.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=28216
:D

Back