inside schassis update: pics with guts of Rectoverb head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electrickn

Reaction score
Does anyone have any schematics for a Recotverb head (or Dual, or single Rectifier?)
The reverb tank was jarred loose, and I need to get inside the chassis to tighten everything down. I’m hesitant to tackle this myself, but I’d like to try as I can’t afford the time or money to take it out to a Boogie tech.
I'm not sure where to start or what to watch out for when taking the chassis apart.
Any input or advice would be much appreciated
thanks

DON'T TOUCH THE CAPS! If not, instant electrocution!

You have to discharge them first, which I believe you can do by unplugging the amp from the wall outlet and flicking the power switches for about 30-60 minutes. If you die, don't say I didn't warn you! :shock: lol.

someone will help you out a little more

It won´t take that long, think you meant seconds.

Check with your DMM if the Caps are charged, if they are, discharge em via a high-power resistor. If you dón´t know how to, please remind John Lennon! let it be :wink:

You can get schems at www.tubefreak.com

There are 4 bolts that hold the chassis to the cabinet through the bottom. Once you remove those, do not touch anything inside the chassis. It helps to remove the tubes first. Once the chassis is out you should be able to access your reverb tank. If you must do anything inside the chassis do not even indirectly touch anything that is electrical. This will save you the grief of wondering what not to touch. If you can discharge the caps. If you don't know what they are or how to, try to avoid going in there unless you need to but again if you do, do not touch anything that is inside the chassis itself especially at uninsulated bare metal leads or solder joints. If a cap discharges on you it will be likely that it will be the last time you do that (or anything else). Again, like has been stated before, DO NOT TOUCH THE CAPS. THERE ARE HIGH VOLTAGES CONTAINED WITHIN THAT WILL KILL YOU.

the reverb tank is inside the chassis? Basically just bolt the tank back down, and if the wires came loose hook them back up. If you get it backwards it will squeal while the reverb is on. you can get a schematic from schematic heaven http://www.schematicheaven.com/mesaboogie.htm.

the schematic for your amp is there.

DON'T KILL YOURSELF, BUT IF YOU DO YOU'LL WIN THE DARWIN AWARD!

thanks for all the replys, I'm going to try it this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out...unless I'm dead. :wink:

Well, I got inside. As you can see, two of the attachment springs broke. I get everything mounted back up again, however no Reverb yet. There doesn't appear to be any damage to the board, and there are no loose connections. There is no reverb tube for the Rectoverb head, so I'm somewhat at a loss at what else to try.
any ideas?

PS. would you believe this is from another UPS delivery?!! :?

wow. I have a rov series 2 and a totally different structure regarding the reverb.

I have a larger tank, with three springs, which also are longer. Secondly, my tank is mounted outside the chassis.

Anyways, at the moment I have no clue. Your reverb did work ? I would try to unplug and plug back the connectors from the tank to the chassis. Most reverb problems I had was traceble to bad connections.

I know this is old but if anyboy is seeing this i have a quick question. what is that long screw that sticks up in the middle of the chassis that doesnt seem to do anything. it is in the pic and on mine it seems to have no purpose, but i bought it used and dont know if it was used for something or not..
Thanks

Thatguy said:
I know this is old but if anyboy is seeing this i have a quick question. what is that long screw that sticks up in the middle of the chassis that doesnt seem to do anything. it is in the pic and on mine it seems to have no purpose, but i bought it used and dont know if it was used for something or not..
Thanks
The screw maintains tension between the chassis and cabinet to minimize vibration.
If there is foil in the inside top of the cab, it provides a connection for shielding.
:D

Latest posts

Back