If you struggle to dial in Edge mode... try this!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
With my first Mark V I went all out changing out tubes, but I did not want to go down that road with this one (my second Mark V). I have been digging all my tones with stock tubes fully except CH2 Edge (and even Crunch mode to a certain extent) has been hard to dial in. The treble was just so harsh above 10 o'clock. So, I decided to change out the V2 tube (CH2's 1st gain stage). In my old V I ran a 12AT7 in this slot (to bring down the gain), but I decided to just ditch the JJ this time and stick with a 12AX7. I was given a Sovtek 12AX7-WA so I threw that tube in there...

What a difference! The treble knob is usable now without the harshness I was hearing before. I find Edge mode to be VERY Stiletto-esque and I did not like JJ's in my Stiletto when I had one for the exact same reason. Edge mode sounds incredible now. So, if you've been struggling with Edge mode in the past, try changing V2 out and see what you think.

Back