How to Stereo/Multing with mark IV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maettens

Reaction score
Hi guys.
First of all great forum. :)

In a few wheeks i will do some recording stuff with my band. Once the drumrecording is done, the guitarsessions take place. Now i wanted to record the rythm guitar at one take. Which means that i dont have to record the part twice and do some overlays. Because we play some really challenging stuff, i dont think it sound very tight with overlays. Even if we whanted to. Now how can i get a stereo sound with two different flavored guitarsounds (bit more mids at one side) by recording in one take. Can i record my markIV with a mic and at the same time via the di recording out?. Or does the di-out only works when silent-recording is pulled out which also means that cab is unloaded at the time.

Thanks for your opinions.

If you want to do it in one take, you could use multiple microphones and pan them however you want, I imagine.

The recording out doesn't sound good compared to a miced up amp, so I would rather do like backwordsman13 said, to mike it with two mics

i would do neither - just double the track and pan/eq how you like it.

if you have one good sounding track and you don't want to make overlays (which can make it also attractive to listen to) then just use the track you made and double it. set the track in the timing some ms ahead or back and pan it in. just set the eq in one track a bit more mid or bass.

any engineer and software will do that without charging more :)

Latest posts

Back