How To Do An Online Sale Right - IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickentown

Reaction score
I'm considering selling my amp. To me, it is a gorgeous amp but overkill.

If I do go this route I want to be ready to make a good sale and know ahead of time what to expect. I've certainly sold stuff on ebay and know the drill, but you guys are afficianatos and know what you like to see in an auction for a IIC+.

Here's what I've gathered from the FAQ and other posts here:
- I'll be clear about the serial number and specify this is an IIC -> IIC+, not an original +. The guy before me bought it in '84 I believe and took delivery just as the + was announced. Immediately sent it back for the mod.
- I've seen sellers getting laughed at for starting auctions at outrageous prices. I don't mind being laughed at, really - but I want to make a reasonable auction.

Any kind advice in these areas would be appreciated:

- Best way to ship. It is a combo in a flight case. Who is the most trusted carrier and how is packing best handled around a flight case? I ran into a "dimensional weight" nightmare shipping a JC120. God it was expensive, but that amp didn't have a flight case and needed to be double-boxed all around.

- I want to have a ballpark idea of the price range. It's wood+wicker combo, simulclass, black shadow, verb, eq. Condition is excellent - not "excellent for the age" but excellent. The reason I'm asking for feedback here is that I don't want to go to the work to post it and just "see what the market says." Any ideas what the going rate would be +/- a few hundred dollars?

- Specifically, which photos do you like to see?

- any other important considerations

Thanks in advance.
Jamie

Back