How long will it take for Mesa to come out with the VII:25 and VII:35? How about a JP2C combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit2013

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
If mesa does release a mini mark VII in the 25W or 35W EL84 design, that would be the end of the Mark V series. It probably could be done since the VII has one less preamp tube than the Mark V:25 but perhaps not due to the number of relays in the amp. Hard to say. Not sure if they will be more affordable than the Mark VII. They could even make a mini JP2C while they are at it (assumed).

So why no JP2C Combo amp yet? That chassis would fit into the Mark VII combo shell. Since the Mark VII and JP2C basically have the same chassis dimensions, almost the same layout where the preamp tubes are located.

Only time will tell. Just another thing to add to the island of miss-fit toys.

I just saw a JP2C 1x12 combo at the local store here yesterday. Five Star Guitars in Beaverton, OR.
5SG_0240LEAD.jpg
https://www.fivestarguitars.com/sho...-Black-Grille---Limited-Edition-x81616616.htm

I just saw a JP2C 1x12 combo at the local store here yesterday. Five Star Guitars in Beaverton, OR. View attachment 4370https://www.fivestarguitars.com/sho...-Black-Grille---Limited-Edition-x81616616.htm
I would be curious to hear it as a combo.

So the JP2C combo wins over the mini Mark VII. That was easy, they already have the JP2C chassis and the combo shell for the Mark VII.
I assume the Mark V models are here to stay for a while longer. Once they make an EL34 lunch box version of the Mark VII, that may be the end of the V platform (assumed).

I would be curious to hear it as a combo.

So the JP2C combo wins over the mini Mark VII. That was easy, they already have the JP2C chassis and the combo shell for the Mark VII.
I assume the Mark V models are here to stay for a while longer. Once they make an EL34 lunch box version of the Mark VII, that may be the end of the V platform (assumed).
The big question is going to be: which modes to bring to the Mark VII lower wattage versions. With only two channels, they would have to leave some behind, and I assume they would definitely want to bring the Mark VII mode.

I would assume that they plan to put in the newer IR based cabclone on both, maybe in a simplified version. I also thought they would decide to 'upgrade' the Cabclone in the JP-2C, but they have not as of yet.

Yeah, since the VII has seven modes they would have to leave one off. Not sure which would make sense. It seems IIB and VII modes would have to stay, since they are only available on the VII today. I would think the IIc mode is undroppable, as is CRUNCH. That would leave IV or CLEAN/FAT to be left out? It would be a tough call.

If they added pull pots to switch between clean and fat, it would be similar to the normal/bold pull pot on the Mark IV? (been a long time since I had that amp). That way the clean, crunch and VII modes can be associated with one channel. IIB, IIC and IV for the other channel.

This was just out of curiosity if they could make an EL84 based version like they did with the V. Considering the cost to the buyer, is it something that would be more affordable or will it still have the sticker shock of its higher price like the big bottle version?

Latest posts

Back