Well that's unfortunate - footswitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BingoBango

Reaction score
Ok so I've got a Stiletto Ace and wanted to find a smaller footswitch to open up some space on the pedal board.

Couldn't find the "right" one but saw another seemingly identical footswitch for sale and bought it thinking it's got to work.

Well, it doesn't work.

Is the footswitch broken somehow or is it simply not compatible?

Attachments

• IMG_0926.jpeg
    IMG_0926.jpeg
    444.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0925.jpeg
    IMG_0925.jpeg
    294.7 KB · Views: 0
Ok so I've got a Stiletto Ace and wanted to find a smaller footswitch to open up some space on the pedal board.

Couldn't find the "right" one but saw another seemingly identical footswitch for sale and bought it thinking it's got to work.

Well, it doesn't work.

Is the footswitch broken somehow or is it simply not compatible?
Have you tried it on both the front panel and the rear panel? The front panel has both chan/solo control (stereo cable), the rear panel has individual controls (mono).

The footswitch that goes with the amp uses a 1/4 TRS cable, which works great on the front jack. The original worked perfectly before and after testing the newly acquired footswitc, which was tested using the same TRS cable.
Testing of the purchased footswitch simply wouldn't change the channel

yea... sure appears that Rect footswitch is essentially the same controller. Does it activate the solo function? If it does I'd suspect the chan footswitch may be bad.

It does do the solo function...that seems to be normal. I have returned the item but now don't want to repeat a similar mistake.

Seems like the correct footswitch is shared by the Stiletto and Lonestar. SKU FC.CHSO In the mesa parts store (out of stock). The one in the parts store for the recording recto preamp is SKU FC.CHSO1 - so maybe it's different after all.

There's even another one offered that is channel solo, different part number. Lord knows how they differ but perhaps they must?

It does do the solo function...that seems to be normal. I have returned the item but now don't want to repeat a similar mistake.

Seems like the correct footswitch is shared by the Stiletto and Lonestar. SKU FC.CHSO In the mesa parts store (out of stock). The one in the parts store for the recording recto preamp is SKU FC.CHSO1 - so maybe it's different after all.

There's even another one offered that is channel solo, different part number. Lord knows how they differ but perhaps they must?

Just wondering… did you check the CH switch itself was working? Sometimes the switches die and will not work at all..

But it’s gone so no way checking it anymore. There may be a different wiring for the led -> will not change channels.

Best bet for smaller footswitch would be custom made or DIY where you could clone your existing into smaller enclosure for a lot less money

Just because it has two buttons and a TRS cable doesn't mean it will be compatible. Mesa makes single button foot switches for different amps that are not compatible with each other in some cases. It all depends on the amp's switching circuitry.

The stiletto deuce I used to have was a simple 2 button switch with each jack sharing a common ground (Sleeve) and channel closing Tip to Sleeve and Solo closing Ring to Sleeve. Very simple to wire up and "most" standard 2 button switches with a TRS will be wired this way.

Transatlantic 30 and Electradyne use the same switching with a 2 button switch but it's not compatible with the others.

Not all footswitches are the same. They may have different functions. RA100 footswitch would be a repeat of not working properly with a different amp. Two switches, TRS cable, however one button sets clean or gain, the other is for the gain channel hi or lo. It all depends on how the switches are wired and what they do in the amp. If they all did the same thing, I would think they would just have Mesa on it and no model name. You would almost think the Footswitch for the TT800 would work. It probably will. However, the mute control would pull in the channel relay and the channel switch would pull in the solo boost. It could be required to swap the tip and ring connections so that channel switch will change channels and the mute switch would activate solo boost.

Took a quick look at Mesa's parts. Sometimes they have stuff that will work for you. This footswitch is more compact than the one's you have tried. It is specifically for the Stiletto amps.

https://store.mesaboogie.com/categories/shop/footswitches/stiletto-designs-footswitches.html

Back