Hi i am new please help with dual rect. settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socialparasite

Reaction score
Hello everyone i just purchased a dual rect and 4x12 cab about 2 days ago. I am a metal head but love all types of music. I have a nomad 55 that i have played on for a while and i still own. My question is what are the best metal setting for my dual rectifier? Bold or spongy? Tube or not? Sorry to be a pain but i cant find a thread about this topic. I plan on sticking around here so your replies are appreciated. Which channel is the best for metal give me all the low down on this.

Thanks for the replies kind folks :)

IF this helps i like old school metallica, pantera, alice in chains, corrosion of conformity, dream theater, nile, and many more. I know this is a broad question so post the settings you use. I read the manual still a little confused on some things like the sponge and bold setting? Not to sure about which one is best to acheive a metal sound

jbird said:
Variac switch to bold, and silicone diodes for rectification.

Variac i assume is tube? and silicone diodes is for rectification. So when i am in the diodes mode then am i only using the rectifier tubes?

the variac browns out the power to break up tone earlier. The rectifier switch, changes from silicone diodes to tube.Silicone being "stiff", tube having a "sag".
So, variac to Bold, means full power. Silicone diodes instead of tube, will give a stiffer responce....These would be used for a metal tone, or a really strong huffy clean tone......
ax. :twisted:

Thanks axe thats helpful. I really dig the amp a lot. I also have a nomad 55 and i plugged it to my 4x12 cab and man its a different amp. The close back speakers are everything. I am thinking of getting a morley xyz switch were i can run both amps at the same time if i want. I really like the rect. I live in a country setting aout 15 mins from a big college town. I cranked up the rect today and man it sounds so much better loud. Anyways thanks guys for all the info i am still tweaking the settings because there seems to be endless possiablities just like my nomad 55 amp. :lol: I know for sure a les paul sounds great through both of those amps i have not tried my g&L usa legacey strat yet on the rect but i will soon.

Latest posts

Back