Help with My Dc 5

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedBarchetta

Reaction score
I bought a Mesa Dc5 unfortunatelly it was dropped by the postal workers and it arrived with 3 12ax7 broken and both 6l6 dancing around.....

So today I opened it up and chequed the board and conection all seemed ok plugged the 6L6 and bought 3 new 12ax7´s and plugged em...

Turned it on and no on blue light, no blown fuse no sound, so I chequed the tubes the 2 6L6 get hot and the older non broken 12 light up and th enewer ones do not!!!

So I called eurotubes and ordered a whole set.... but I am worried, should the blue light turn oneven if the tubes era bad or broken?

shold I get any noise at all...

thanks in advance

Take all the tubes out and inspect them for damage. Your pilot light will light up even if the tubes arent in the amp at all. Make sure you get all the tubes, even the ones under covers and check them out. They should all light up. If your preamp tubes aren't lighting up, you won't get any sound out of the amp.

Thanks I downloaded the manual and read it, and searched the forums, I dont have 2 tubes since they are broken ( I bought a new Full set from Eurotubes), but antways the Amp now works only one channel b/c of the said missing 12ax7, but the blue on indicator may have died because even if the amp works there is no light....

thanks a lot!

If you want the blue light on the amp to work replace the bulb by unscrewing it from the front of the amp. Radio Shack should have a bulb that will fit

Latest posts

Back