Mesa Boogie DC-5 GRY code

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabilotcu

Reaction score
Hi to all the people of this group.
This is my first post here. I have a dc 5 (allmost 8 years) and I need to replace the power tubes.
The last owner bought a pair of JJ from Eurotubes. The mesa power tubes are very rare at the moment and I found that the TAD (tube amp doctor) can match any tubes you need without any extra. I sent them an email and coz i never looked before at what they said. Here is the TAD answer:
,,Please specify the grading of the tubes which is visible on the socket of the original Boogie labeled tubes. Remark the color-code in the comment field during check-out and we will supply the adequate spares to operate at same setting as your old tubes without rebiasing the amp. This service is provided at no extra charge."
Another mail to Mesa Boogie said that:
,,Any Mesa branded 6L6 will work perfectly fine in your DC5 and will just offer different flavors.
I would suggest to stick to a more vintage style 6L6, so I may suggest the STR 441 which will provide a bit more of a warmer tone and is the tube we currently use in our Mark V amps. However again….any Mesa branded 6L6 will be direct replacement."
I don't mind to purchase 2 pair of tube (one from mesa and one from tad) coz i will keep this amp for the rest of my life.
Any of you have a picture or a detail about the original DC-5 tubes code?
Thank you.

Attachments

• 20230123_214859.jpg
    20230123_214859.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 7
Back