Going with a new tube set on MKV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heritage Softail said:
RFT, not familiar with that one. What are the characteristics of it, where did you get, $?

It's from my friend's NOS collections. The tube has an early breakup character so it distorts earlier. It sounds a bit darker than other 12ax7 IMO.

For the price, I think it's around $50 - $60 now.

Cheers
B

Ive always had tube amps but always took them to a tech to change the tubes thanks to the old "Biasing" concerns. Is it really just a case of whipping out the 6L6's and flicking the switch if I want to try EL34's?
Is anything in life EVER that simple?? :lol:

cheers!

It is supposedly that simple. The Boogie site says if you use their tubes it is just a switch/plug/play. Did you see they have Siemens NOS tubes as well as current production EL34's. I will be trying some of the JJs that are pretty cheap and pretty good. That will be enough to test the water b4 hitting any NOS globes.

My understanding is the JP uses Mark V's mainly for his clean channels and Road Kings and now a triple rectifier along with Mark Morton from Lamb of God using Triple Rectos now for distortion. Hmmm wonder why!!!

livewire78602 said:
My understanding is the JP uses Mark V's mainly for his clean channels and Road Kings and now a triple rectifier along with Mark Morton from Lamb of God using Triple Rectos now for distortion. Hmmm wonder why!!!

Where did you hear this?

Latest posts

Back