Freak i need an ED cab!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theweatherman

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the electra dyne cabs are supposed to be coming out? im gassing bad for a 2X12. that mix of v30 and c90 sounds very tasty to me

really? that's good news. can i order direct from mesa or do i have to go through a dealer?

Man, the 23" cab is way to open back for my taste.

Why is it so open compared to the 27" or the regular combo for that matter?

I was actually looking at maybe going with the 23 inch head instead but with the matching bab that open in the back I fear the sound would really suffer.

The 2X12 comes with vintage 30's, and the 1X12 the black shadow. I thought the 2X12 had a black shadow and a vintage 30, guess mesa changed it

Interesting, the mesa site now has the cabinet info, it does say 2x12 V30.

90watt 1x12, 2x12 120watt
8ohm
C90 Speaker - V30 Speakers (2x12)

Since the v30's are 60w, I'm guessing that means 2 V30's...

I can only assume they know what is a good match, I love the 1x12's sound for sure. Hope I don't have to re-order a 1x12 cab...

Oh and their "detail" links are all broken.... but at least there are pictures up!

Its smaller than a recto cab which means tighter bass and less woofy soundig. hole in the back for better clean tones, better looking than the recto cabs. im excited to get one

i talked to marcus (they're really good about calling back!) and he pretty much said the same thing.

they think the v30 is best in the 2x12 cab since it's mostly closed. you can however choose what you want to get.

i think i'll stick with the v30's and if i don't like them, just order a pair of c90's. worst case I'll end up with two cabs :)

The harshness/mids on the v30's were my concern, but maybe it's all balanced out with the cab design.

Ya i talked to marcus a few days ago and said it would be nice to have the new electra dyne cabs up on their website...ask and ye shall receive haha. He said the ED cabs are a perfect match for the ED. I had a chance to compare the ED with a C90 vs. 2 V30's. The C90 is darker, bigger sounding, better for the clean stuff. the V30's were more brighter. But honestly all i had to do was move the treble up one notch and the c90 matched up with the v30's. i really do like those black shadows

I really wish they had a 4x12 cab, i guess ultimately i could get 2 2x12's. I currently use a straight 4x12 Stiletto cab, would there really be a significant difference between the ED cab and the Stiletto considering the stiletto is already smaller dimensions than the recto? Getting the black shadows is tempting, just to try something a little different. Plus I've never been 100% happy with the V30's. The C90's may be my thing given the stated comparison between the two. Having a 2x12 ED cab with C90's plus my 4x12 Stiletto cab with V30's may be a winning combination, who knows?

Hey, Weatherman. Did Marcus say anything about why the 23" versions (cabs and combos) are so much more open in the back? I'd love a lighter version of the ED but want to keep that huge sound.

Johnny

ELECTRA_DYNE_DISPLAY_CLOSUP.jpg

Mesa NAMM display.

So THAT'S where my head and cabinet are!

I ordered an ED head/cab 2x12 4 months ago... still no sign of it. At least this proves they still make them, I was beginning to wonder.

Some day it'll come in... :roll:

So is that a Electra dyne 4x12 cab in that photo? It looks a little shorter than other Mesa cabs, or it could just be my wishful thinking.

badjohnny said:
Hey, Weatherman. Did Marcus say anything about why the 23" versions (cabs and combos) are so much more open in the back? I'd love a lighter version of the ED but want to keep that huge sound.

Johnny

No he didn't. he did say they opted for a partially open back to improve the clean tones from the ED. but that is all.

DWAKO said:
I really wish they had a 4x12 cab, i guess ultimately i could get 2 2x12's. I currently use a straight 4x12 Stiletto cab, would there really be a significant difference between the ED cab and the Stiletto considering the stiletto is already smaller dimensions than the recto? Getting the black shadows is tempting, just to try something a little different. Plus I've never been 100% happy with the V30's. The C90's may be my thing given the stated comparison between the two. Having a 2x12 ED cab with C90's plus my 4x12 Stiletto cab with V30's may be a winning combination, who knows?

The ED 2X12 comes stock with v30's FYI. i guess u could always swap them out for c90's. mine finally arrived today after 2.5 months of waiting and i am dying to try it out. hopefully it sounds good. the open back will give it a more open big sound compared to a closed back stiletto cab. should be similar though...

Latest posts

Back