For those of you who worry about how hot your C+ gets...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimAnsell

Reaction score
this is mine after it had been on for about 2 hours with the fan off.
i had the thermometer in my pocket because i was still in my work pants (i'm a cook), and i stuck after i got done playing i stuck the probe between the tube retainer and the chassis and let it sit there until it leveled off.
:lol:

IMG_3363a.jpg

wow, I have heard this before and so I took notice of mine ( C+) and it is not at all "hot" when I use mine. I have no problem keeping my hand on it. I have not unplugged the fan and checked though...

Mine was sent to Mike B and he worked it to new specs and I do have the 105 and do run NOS 415's
The former owner had it biased to run all four with EL34's. Mike swapped out those resistors.

Why is yours so hot?

**edit** sorry I thougth you meant the transformer was getting too hot... poor reading on my part.

My IIC with the 105 gets really hot too with the fan off, but the tone is awesome. The entire front face plate is scorching. I have to check the the fan lead before each gig as it falls out easily.

mine was getting really really hot. like wax dripping out of my choke! ahah

So i fix it...

ceiling_fan.jpg

No seriously i replaced it wil a 3 cubic meter's a min mesa size fan and now it barely get's warm.

Shep said:
mine was getting really really hot. like wax dripping out of my choke! ahah

So i fix it...

ceiling_fan.jpg

No seriously i replaced it wil a 3 cubic meter's a min mesa size fan and now it barely get's warm.

that is so darn typical mesa humour

Mulemasta said:
My IIC with the 105 gets really hot too with the fan off, but the tone is awesome. The entire front face plate is scorching. I have to check the the fan lead before each gig as it falls out easily.

yeah it gets hot as hell but **** does it sound great , a helluva lot better than cold tubes

Latest posts

Back