First Mark V (no, 5) photo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
petruccirocks02 said:
I'm thinking it probably gets put away right after shows or whatever. If someone were to snap a pic of JP's rig with the Mark 5 proto, I'm sure there'd be pics on every forum you can think of and I think that Mesa probably wants to keep it somewhat under wraps until NAMM.

-Phil

They don't mind if anyone sees the Mk 5, that takes care of itself.

You've seen the end of "Raiders of the Lost Ark", right?

CoG said:
petruccirocks02 said:
I'm thinking it probably gets put away right after shows or whatever. If someone were to snap a pic of JP's rig with the Mark 5 proto, I'm sure there'd be pics on every forum you can think of and I think that Mesa probably wants to keep it somewhat under wraps until NAMM.

-Phil

They don't mind if anyone sees the Mk 5, that takes care of itself.

You've seen the end of "Raiders of the Lost Ark", right?

:lol: 8)

-AJH

newfinator said:
Being that the Road King is technically labeled the Dual Rectifier Road King then it wouldn't break the existing marketing model to come out with a Mark Road King or a Stiletto Road King with all the same features but in differing voicings. Of course the Mark would have to retain the graphic eq. I'd also like to see a channel assignable bold/spongy switch.

All of that is highly unlikely but that would be sweet.

i actually think its likely and would be a very smart move to have a dual flagship platform, one voiced towards the rectos and the other voiced towards the marks. the marks and rectos have become mesa's staple in the music industry and are really their bread and butter. Thats not to say the stilleto, lonestar, f-series, express, nomad, or dc dont have their place but when most people think mesa they think either Mark or Recto. So for their to be more of a flagship platform rather than a single amp pays homage to both would be great for them.

jdurso said:
newfinator said:
Being that the Road King is technically labeled the Dual Rectifier Road King then it wouldn't break the existing marketing model to come out with a Mark Road King or a Stiletto Road King with all the same features but in differing voicings. Of course the Mark would have to retain the graphic eq. I'd also like to see a channel assignable bold/spongy switch.

All of that is highly unlikely but that would be sweet.

i actually think its likely and would be a very smart move to have a dual flagship platform, one voiced towards the rectos and the other voiced towards the marks. the marks and rectos have become mesa's staple in the music industry and are really their bread and butter. Thats not to say the stilleto, lonestar, f-series, express, nomad, or dc dont have their place but when most people think mesa they think either Mark or Recto. So for their to be more of a flagship platform rather than a single amp pays homage to both would be great for them.

+1

ok, i'm new to the forum......

i dig some mesa amps, others i hate. i really like the Mark IV. if this is the new marketing strategy for a Mark 5 then it's already working on me. pure genius if you ask me.

Latest posts

Back