First Mark V (no, 5) photo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie said:
And why would a music shop have a photograph (that is clearly a professional photo) of an amp that has not been announced to the public?
Maybe to enhance the buzz, or to add a sense of exclusivity to the shop, as in they're the first ones to have proof of the amp's exsistence. Maybe they just wanted to start the advertising a little early :D

Well, thinking more about it, I wonder if this could be Mesa's attempt at a viral marketing campaign. Really, we're doing more advertising for the amp right now based on nothing but a photo. And really, what better advertisement pic for a Mark V (5) than a pick of Mr. Smith digging around in one (with a very subtle Mark 5 logo)? You might as well put the tagline "coming soon...but not 'till Randall's got it perfect."

Another little bit comes from the boogie site itself. Check it out...

Trans-Class
Ultra Fast
Super Soulful
New Name?

While the animation quickly rolls over to the Fathom/M6 Carbine bass head, I also wonder if this could be a bit of Cloverfield-like teaser for the Mark 5. You know, right in front of your face, but it looks like something totally different to throw you off?

Just a thought...

twostring said:

Trans-Class
Ultra Fast
Super Soulful
New Name?

While the animation quickly rolls over to the Fathom/M6 Carbine bass head, I also wonder if this could be a bit of Cloverfield-like teaser for the Mark 5. You know, right in front of your face, but it looks like something totally different to throw you off?

Just a thought...
I thought the exact same thing! I had to go on the website today to find an authorized repair station for my Mk III which will hopefully be paid for courtesy of UPS :D , but I saw that on the home page. Not exactly subtle, but very tactful and teasing 8)

EleventhHour2139 said:
twostring said:

Trans-Class
Ultra Fast
Super Soulful
New Name?

Just a thought...
I thought the exact same thing! I had to go on the website today to find an authorized repair station for my Mk III which will hopefully be paid for courtesy of UPS :D , but I saw that on the home page. Not exactly subtle, but very tactful and teasing 8)

The human brain is designed, and enhanced by evolution, to perceive patterns, even where none exist. We can't help it, it's built into the meat computer between our ears. It's what keeps fortune-tellers and astrologers in business.

jdurso said:
nitrous2400 said:
recto tracking tuner out and switchable power looks cool

just wondering what this will set me back and if its got the same character as the mkIv

until we know all the features (if it comes out) theres no way of telling but with the features you mentioned i'd imagine somewhere around the roadster

yeah thats what i was guessin, I'm wondering if i should go to rudys and check out if there is a picture there in the first place or if thats made up too :lol: i was actually thinkin of heading into the city to check out sum amps anway maybe ill go next weekend :lol:

I hate to dissappoint.........but that is a picture of a picture. you can see the photographers reflection in the picture. ......this is a fake. Another case for the X-files......."Mark V. do you beleive?"

Who said it was a framed poster?

And wouldn't anybody putting together a fake Mark 5 picture be a lot more likely to choose the Roman numeral instead of the Arabic numeral? Before this picture surfaced nobody dreamed that it would be called the Mark 5 rather than the Mark V.

boogie shoes said:
I hate to dissappoint.........but that is a picture of a picture. you can see the photographers reflection in the picture. ......this is a fake. Another case for the X-files......."Mark V. do you beleive?"

It's a cell phone photo of a new picture hanging in Rudy's music store. A guy from the Petrucci Forum took it. The truth is out there.....hanging on Rudy's wall !!!! :lol:

Excuse me. Did you NOT see the winky smiley emoticon?!

By the way - the photo is NOT photoshopped. It's computer generated - like Toy Story or Juno.

boogie shoes said:

What voices in your head led you to believe this?

boogie shoes said:

I'm assuming thats the non-intelligent half of the brain speaking there. :roll:

Anyone that has any common sense can tell that this is a real picture. A framed photo. The guy that even took the picture said in his post on the petrucci forum that its a photo at Rudy's in NYC. Mesa's gonna really go to all the trouble to come up with a fake photo to throw the public off? Right.

I think the fact that I can see the reflections behind the glass prove to me it's a real picture. Obviously the picture is real, now the question is...is the "Mark 5" part real? the text looks real enough. It is a Mesa amp that I have never seen before. The slanted front, the outputs, the knobs. It's still a new amp of some kind. The stage has been set well enough for a Mark 5 and I think in a few years we will be seeing a reissue of the mark iv. It's always a good money maker to have something out, let it become a classic, take it away, and then bring it out again years later (Mark I) Make people want it you know

OT ... Andy Timmons will be at Rudy's for a clinic. I'm sure he'll have a statement about the marks and the pic on the wall.

I'll be sure to ask him on the 18th why the mark ain't his thang.

8)

Petrucci's guitar tech said Petrucci has played the Mark 5 and he (the tech) has as well.

The Mark 5 head is apparently sitting on the "tech bench" and appears intermittently on the far upper right in this shaky youtube footage (looks like a long head):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RXO94TJwjoA

Hey, it's not the best clip, but it's legit, coming from the tech's mouth (or fingers).

If he's been using it for shows now for a few weeks, why hasn't anyone snapped a pic of it pre-show or after?

twostring said:
If he's been using it for shows now for a few weeks, why hasn't anyone snapped a pic of it pre-show or after?

I'm thinking it probably gets put away right after shows or whatever. If someone were to snap a pic of JP's rig with the Mark 5 proto, I'm sure there'd be pics on every forum you can think of and I think that Mesa probably wants to keep it somewhat under wraps until NAMM.

-Phil

Being that the Road King is technically labeled the Dual Rectifier Road King then it wouldn't break the existing marketing model to come out with a Mark Road King or a Stiletto Road King with all the same features but in differing voicings. Of course the Mark would have to retain the graphic eq. I'd also like to see a channel assignable bold/spongy switch.

All of that is highly unlikely but that would be sweet.

Back