First Mark V (no, 5) photo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jdurso said:
they're most likely (if this even happens) going to end up with a head shell similar to either the rectos or the stilettos. i say this because it will be more cost effective for them. They'll probably end up finishing the head with a more vintage feel somewhat like the roadster except without the black diamond plate looking thing (or even more similar to a plexi). Again if this happens...

I know a LOT of people who would buy a Mark IV if it looked like a Recto. For better or worse, the Recto/Stilletto look is in, especially with people who believe the Marks look 'too vintage' or hate vintage gear altogether. It's a silly attitude to have, but there are people out there like that.

Kaz said:
jdurso said:
they're most likely (if this even happens) going to end up with a head shell similar to either the rectos or the stilettos. i say this because it will be more cost effective for them. They'll probably end up finishing the head with a more vintage feel somewhat like the roadster except without the black diamond plate looking thing (or even more similar to a plexi). Again if this happens...

I know a LOT of people who would buy a Mark IV if it looked like a Recto. For better or worse, the Recto/Stilletto look is in, especially with people who believe the Marks look 'too vintage' or hate vintage gear altogether. It's a silly attitude to have, but there are people out there like that.

yeah... i mean i cant deny when you see a cool looking amp it definitely sparks a little more inetrest but it should come down to tone. But just for production efficiency using a shell similar to the recto or stilleto makes sense, plus giving it good looks cant hurt as long as it stays true to the tone. Nothing wrong with streamlining rpoduction processes as it frees up money within the company for other things. it would be cool if it had a plexi like front similar to what vht did with the sig x or the randall kirk hammett amp.

haha, didn't they do like a $10k version of the Kirk Hammet RM100 with like, AAAA paneling and whatnot?

Kaz said:
haha, didn't they do like a $10k version of the Kirk Hammet RM100 with like, AAAA paneling and whatnot?

yeah but not that one (although thats still the best looking amp ive ever seen). i mean this one (see link eblow). I've seen roadsters done that way without the retarded piece of plasticy looking black diamond plating. That would look pretty bad ***, a no frills, pure tone, baby killing machine :twisted:

randall KH: http://www.pro-music-news.com/html/03/80303ran.jpg

or like this roadtser but with black taurus: http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery/gallery.php?id=540

anybuddyasks.... "I've got one ordered" haha

This is as bad as the Iphone. I had one in my hands a month ago, straight from China. I returned it the day I got it, (I didn't even open it) got a full $533 refund because I HEARD the new Iphone v2 was coming out.... yeah, I am counting on it AND the Mark 5. After all they would NOT let me order a new Mark IV a month ago. I will have to make it right with myself somehow. I will get my new V2 Iphone June 9th and the Mark 5 June 10th. so there. Straight from the mouths of babes comes the truth. (I am a noobie) haha

jdurso said:
Kaz said:

yeah but not that one (although thats still the best looking amp ive ever seen). i mean this one (see link eblow). I've seen roadsters done that way without the retarded piece of plasticy looking black diamond plating. That would look pretty bad ***, a no frills, pure tone, baby killing machine :twisted:

or like this roadtser but with black taurus: http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery/gallery.php?id=540

Reminds me a lil of the Splawn Nitro. Can Mesa refit/send a refit face for a Roadster to a customer? Cause if they can I'd totally like to get rid of that black diamond plate--it ruins the look of the rest of the amp's badassness.

Kaz said:
jdurso said:
Kaz said:

Reminds me a lil of the Splawn Nitro. Can Mesa refit/send a refit face for a Roadster to a customer? Cause if they can I'd totally like to get rid of that black diamond plate--it ruins the look of the rest of the amp's badassness.

hmmm... maybe. you know you could probably get a new shell customized that way for around the same price they'd charge for a custom face. check the price sheet sticky because i think i saw prices for the shells

Kaz said:
Hold onto your amps guys. Remember, the cake is a lie!
Haha im glad im not the only one who says this! Not too many people get it, but the ones that do either start laughing hysterically or singing the song, and I know you know what song that is :D[/b]

EleventhHour2139 said:
Kaz said:
Haha im glad im not the only one who says this! Not too many people get it, but the ones that do either start laughing hysterically or singing the song, and I know you know what song that is :D[/b]

Trust me, I irritate the sh!t out of my girlfriend with that song. :D

"Maybe you can find someone to help you. Maybe Black MESA/BOOGIE."

jdurso said:
hmmm... maybe. you know you could probably get a new shell customized that way for around the same price they'd charge for a custom face. check the price sheet sticky because i think i saw prices for the shells

That would be really cool. I'll call Mesa about that (I can't seem to find a support email address anywhere) and see what can be done, because I was going to custom order my roadster if I couldn't find new stock around but settled for the black dress. If I can get a new headshell for it, it'd make it that much more awesome.

Kaz said:
EleventhHour2139 said:
Kaz said:

Trust me, I irritate the sh!t out of my girlfriend with that song. :D

"Maybe you can find someone to help you. Maybe Black MESA/BOOGIE."

jdurso said:

That would be really cool. I'll call Mesa about that (I can't seem to find a support email address anywhere) and see what can be done, because I was going to custom order my roadster if I couldn't find new stock around but settled for the black dress. If I can get a new headshell for it, it'd make it that much more awesome.

you know what roadster head shell is bad ***? the one in the Guitar World magazines. It has was looks like the Red Croc leather (or vinyl not sure which) and the diamond plate is chrome and it looks delicious. Let me know what they say because ive been thinking about a different shell

I saw that one! It was really radical, but would look very stupid atop a cabinet that didn't match it. But it was extremely vicious and cool looking.

Kaz said:
I saw that one! It was really radical, but would look very stupid atop a cabinet that didn't match it. But it was extremely vicious and cool looking.

yeah the matching cab is a must with a head that loud (pun intended)

recto tracking tuner out and switchable power looks cool

just wondering what this will set me back and if its got the same character as the mkIv

nitrous2400 said:
recto tracking tuner out and switchable power looks cool

just wondering what this will set me back and if its got the same character as the mkIv

until we know all the features (if it comes out) theres no way of telling but with the features you mentioned i'd imagine somewhere around the roadster

Charlie said:
That pic looks photochopped.

Your evidence? It's been well documented in many forums already that the picture is posted at Rudy's Music Shop......and it is a camera phone pic of the original..so one would expect some digital artifacts. :roll:

It doesnt look like a photoshop to my eyes.

You have to assume, if it IS genuine, that it was deliberately leaked out :wink: The whole thing is way too deliberate - who gets a photographer in, and poses with a photo of a top-secret amp, prints it up large size, frames it, and then accidentally sends it out? Sounds very careless :roll:

Deliberately sending a photo out to where they know someone will spot it and post it on the internet seems like an easy and cheap way of getting the buzz/hype building in the run up to an official unveiling. :idea:

voodoo_child said:
It doesnt look like a photoshop to my eyes.

You have to assume, if it IS genuine, that it was deliberately leaked out :wink: The whole thing is way too deliberate - who gets a photographer in, and poses with a photo of a top-secret amp, prints it up large size, frames it, and then accidentally sends it out? Sounds very careless :roll:

Deliberately sending a photo out to where they know someone will spot it and post it on the internet seems like an easy and cheap way of getting the buzz/hype building in the run up to an official unveiling. :idea:

+1. I examined the pic pretty thoroughly. There are no signs of digital manipulation. The shading of the lettering is completely consistent with normal appearance of a picture taken with a low resolution cellular phone camera.

And besides, like it was said before, great advertising!

the only thing that makes me think it *could* be photoshopped is the way his right hand looks in the picture. the way he is gripping the pliers and his index finger is just kind of cut off in an odd looking way... idk :?

I've been doing computer professionally for over 12 years now. I've been using photoshop even longer. I'm not saying this photo was definitely photochopped but it looks easy enough to pull off. Anybody with a little bit of Pshop experience and a little bit of patience could pull this off.

And why would a music shop have a photograph (that is clearly a professional photo) of an amp that has not been announced to the public?

Back