Dual Recto with chrome chassis and black grill, rare?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Simpson

Reaction score
I have an early version of the Dual Recto with a chrome chassis and black grill and was wondering if that was a rare combination. I don't think I've ever seen another over the years with the same combination. Let me know if anyone has seen these around or owns one.
recto.jpg

Not too rare. I have been watching e-bay and a few have gone through in the last couple months.

however, it is rare that it's from 1992!!! you seem to have one of the first 500 rectos. if you give us the serial number and show us some pics of the chassis, we can tell you a lot more about it.

When you say black grill, do you mean diamond plate that is black, or actuall cloath? Pictures would be nice.

Dave Simpson said:
I have an early version of the Dual Recto with a chrome chassis and black grill and was wondering if that was a rare combination. I don't think I've ever seen another over the years with the same combination. Let me know if anyone has seen these around or owns one.

Thanks, a GC pick up for $ 1400. I'm a criminal negotiator.
It's a first year EVH from September 91'. I am however an idiot as well.
I traded a Quilt Amber for $ 1200 for my 58' Les Paul. Luckily, the difference was only $ 800. They had no idea it was a Historic reissue flame top. :D

burnseh.gif

FOOLS !!!!!

Can I get you to take me to your GC? That's insane. My local GC has guys that are pretty axe savvy.

Yes, there are a few 92's left in the world. ElPelotero has a few and Lord Byron has R0005. I disagree with the fact that the chrome chassis DR's are as common as you would think. Out of 30,000 there are going to be a few. Sometimes they just show up in clusters on E-Bay. My 92 was the only chrome chassis I have personally seen. Every other DR I bumped into was a black chassis. You still have an very uncommon 1992 first year Dual. Enjoy it.

What would be interesting is what output and power transformers you have on it?

Latest posts

Back