Distortion pedal JUST for r2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_EIT

Reaction score
Ok so here's the deal. I got my entire rig all midi'd out BUT i want to put an EHX metal muff through only the R2, how is this possible. Any help?

Just run that muthafucker into the front of the amp, and stomp on it when you need it?

Yeh I know that seems the way BUT, I want to switch between clean, r2 (with distortion pedal), then lead with nothing. This works ok so far with my system but i just thought if it was possible this way also :)

Tell me more about your set up. I can give you instructions how to do it. It can cost 200-500 US Dollars depending on your system.

So you use MIDI Effects. And probably you use MIDI Footswitch to change the effects. How about Mark IV channel switching? Do you still use Mark IV Footswitch for channel switching?

hey dude. Ok well. I use a midi mate to control the mark iv channels AND effects I use the SOUND SCULPTURE foot sim for changing channels *Leads to each r1, r2, lead and EQ* thats basicaly it. My main idea is to engage a pedal only on the r2 channel. If not its not a big deal, just thought it would be cool :)

You don't have to buy any new stuff. Sound Sculputure Foot Sim has two effects loops.

These two loops are identical except that loop 1 is placed in the audio path before loop 2. In other words the two loops are wired in series. When these two loops are in the “bypass” state, then there is no connection between the effects and the audio path and the inputs to both effects are muted. When both loops are activated, then the audio signal passes from the selected instrument, through effect 1 first, then effect 2, then to the selected amp head. If only one loop is selected, then that effect is inserted only and the other effect remains unconnected and muted. To connect an effect, attach the “Send” from the HeadTrip to the input of the effect, and the “Return” to the output of the effect. If you are connecting a stereo effect, then only connect
one channel of the effect.

Stop being so lazy, just stamp on the bloody thing when you want to use it! No need to expensive mods for something that trivial.

yes.. stomp on it THEN switch to lead channel yeh? You obviously dont understand what I mean. Nevermind

holdsworth said:
Stop being so lazy, just stamp on the bloody thing when you want to use it! No need to expensive mods for something that trivial.

A) He has midi implemented already
B) He doesn't want to tap dance

It has nothing to do with lazy, it's personal preference. Trivial to one guitarist is imperative to another.

With a MIDI controlled loop!

How are you MIDI-switching the amp? Mine is switched via an Axess Electronics CFX4 (best tool for this job, it controls all 3 channels, loop and EQ with only 4 relays since it uses the footswitch jack).

Axess also makes the GRX4 which would do what you want.

It has 4 loops, so you could use different pedals for variety.
One of the relays can be used as a "footswitch" too, so you could use it to switch the Reverb or the Class A on the Mark IV.

I hate tap-dancing, I hate pedals, I love my rig!

He already said that he's using the Sound Sculpture FootSim. And unfortunately, it doesn't have any loops. Go get a cheap midi compatible looper. Like the mentioned Axess Electronics GFX4. They make great stuff for those kinda things. Then, when you switch to Rhythm 2, program your midi controller to send a CC to the looper to activate the pedal.

Foot Sim doesn't have loops. Sound Sculpture ABCadabra can be used as a true bypass mono Effects loop. So you need to buy some new stuff. Sound Sculpture HeadTrip has loops and footswitch simulators in a single package.

hey guys thanks for all the suggestions but yeh im not too fussed :)
It was just an idea anyways just cause i was interested in doing that. :)
Thanks again, peace
*Mark IV has all the tone I need* hehe

Latest posts

Back