disillusioned by mark iv and Mesa in general

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it just me or does turning the channel output past 3 give a disgusting digital modeling vibe to the channels? especially on lead, when i have that at 3 or more and the master at 4 or more the tone goes sour. and only the gain is 8 pulled and drive is 8 pushed so it shouldnt be a gain problem.

guitardude05 said:
is it just me or does turning the channel output past 3 give a disgusting digital modeling vibe to the channels? especially on lead, when i have that at 3 or more and the master at 4 or more the tone goes sour. and only the gain is 8 pulled and drive is 8 pushed so it shouldnt be a gain problem.

The only thing that would go sour at those volumes would be your hearing !! :lol: Try lowering the drive to 7.

guitardude05 said:

:lol:

Aart said:
Well, I don't know the technical aspect of it, but there was a bias-pot installed.

I traded it(combo) for a rackmount shorthead, and when the guy came by we tested it an hour next to the rackmount(stock).

Both had JJ 6l6 tubes(the stock version had tubes in mesa specs) and sovtek 12ax7 tubes.

There was no difference. I just didn't hear it(both amps tested with the same cab).

Well how is that a "test" of the bias mod? The bias mod doesn't change tone in and of itself. But it gives you the ability to use any tubes you want and adjust the bias yourself so YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR TONE. You can do that on an amp with a fixed bias. At least not yourself.

Seems you didn't even understand what the mod was supposed to do.

guitardude05 said:
disregard that post i made. it was a sh!t tungsol tube that ruined my tone but its better now

Funny enough, what you described is exactly how I described the Tung-Sol preamp tubes I tried. I thought they had a gritty, grainy, artificial sound to them.

a bad tube certainly will do that...

i thought maybe you were gonna say "oops" i was running through my POD or something....

anyways, glad u got it resolved, it can really tweak ya the wrong way when your tone isn't there

somedays i swear i've got the holy grail tone, and a few days later it seems i can't get anything dialed in right; it's like some gremlin comes and gets inside my amp overnight screws somthing up and then leaves laughing his @** off :twisted: ...well enough of my musings

You are an idiot postwhore. Shut up.
With any luck, Mesa will never be like Diezel, and charge an extra $2k for a bias pot and clinical German tone. Everybody I know who had a Diezel (which admittedly was only two people) sold them and got Engls instead, because they sounded better for less money.

Rabies, check this out..
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=192532&highlight=#192532

Check this out too.. :!: :!: :!:
http://www.myspace.com/periphery

Latest posts

Back