Dimensions for Roadster Head?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Title pretty much says it all. I'm sort of in the process of getting a Roadster head so I'm planning out a Road case for it. According to an Ebay auction for an ATA case, the interior dimensions of the case are 25 5/8"(W) X 11 7/8"(D) X 10 1/8"(H). Does anyone know if this is accurate? Btw, heres the general idea of what I want the Road case to look like...
RoadsterCase.jpg

Anyone else have a case like this?

no idea but are you sure you want that? Its going to be bulky as hell.

Thanks phyrexia. Well it shouldnt be too bulky, only a couple inches more than a normal case would be...and I might get rid of the space for the footswitch, but I kinda like the idea. Thats an arial view of the case, so its gonna be a drop in, and I definately want at least one extra compartment for tubes/cables. Its not drawn to scale at all so I would like to see how its gonna look once drawn to scale. What case companies do you guys use for your amps? Thanks, Marc

And while we're at it....would anyone be so kind as to give me the dimensions of the Roadster footswitch? I wana see how big the compartment would have to be if I decide I want it in the Road case. Thanks again

AsIAm666 said:
And while we're at it....would anyone be so kind as to give me the dimensions of the Roadster footswitch? I wana see how big the compartment would have to be if I decide I want it in the Road case. Thanks again

theres no dimensions for that on the price list . Call mesa at 707 778 6565 . I use unitec cases - elite series . Very nice cases. www.unitecproducts.com

Thanks for the advice. I knew that there were no dimensions for the footswitches on the list so I was implying that some be kind enough to measure theres Lol. From pics of it with the head it looks like its roughy 2/3 the Width of the head.

AsIAm666 said:
Thanks for the advice. I knew that there were no dimensions for the footswitches on the list so I was implying that some be kind enough to measure theres Lol. From pics of it with the head it looks like its roughy 2/3 the Width of the head.

have you bought cases before ? I would stay away from cases with surface mounted hardware . They are begging to be knocked off .

No I havnt bought cases before...but I wasnt planning on getting surface mounted hardware. I would get the case with recessed handles and everything.

AsIAm666 said:
No I havnt bought cases before...but I wasnt planning on getting surface mounted hardware. I would get the case with recessed handles and everything.

Are you a gigging player ? I mean do you carry your own gear to the gigs or is it in a band vehicle ? If you are handling your own gear you may want to consider studioslips as you can be a bit more protective when handling your own gear . If its on a truck get the hard case with big wheels . My gear is in cases with wheels and it stays on a band truck . At 2:00 a.m. no one wants to baby the stuff and as its in cases i have peace of mind . IMHO of course . Good luck .

Well once my band gets up and running again, which should be soon, I'll be a gigging player. And I'll be bringing my own stuff for a while, partially because I wont trust anyone else....but mainly because we wont have a band vehicle. I think I'm definately gonna stick to a Road case because I just dont trust soft cases. I'll definately use the Mesa slip cover for it when I'm not playing it. Thanks man

there is my case you might be saying oh well thats a diffrent set up but its still about the same sizes you will need..the thing weighs about 60-70 pounds with nothing in it then with my head its like 115 then with the rest of my stuff about 130-135..its to big to have one person lug it around..so make your decision wisely..do you really neeed an extra tube compartment in your case? and all the other things because im regretting it.

Well I see what your saying, but its not gonna be like your case. Its just gonna be for transportation rather than housing. My diagram is showing an arial view of the case, so its going to be a drop in case with a lid and thats it. Thanks for the advice though

Yea it seems like it would be. Good thing for me my set-up is going to be really simple because I probably wont need any racks or anything like that.

Back