Devin Townsend rig video

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, i don't like his sound that much, its too compressed and he's using too much FX on his signal.

Those 2 heads can sound brutal together, but he makes it sound like a cheap FX unit.

lord of the strings said:
he looks like one from the lord of the rings :)

Which is why he's not more well known. The guy's amazing and was Zappa's other prodigy. Unfortnuately he didn't fit the rock god mold like ol' Stevie so it was left to us real metal heads to appreciate him.

devilrob1979 said:
The guy's amazing and was Zappa's other prodigy. Unfortnuately he didn't fit the rock god mold like ol' Stevie so it was left to us real metal heads to appreciate him.

Really? I didn't know that. I always thought Devin was "discovered" by Vai when he sent him a demo of his indy band. Do you know if Zappa and Townsend did any recording together?

Aart said:
Hmm, i don't like his sound that much, its too compressed and he's using too much FX on his signal.

Those 2 heads can sound brutal together, but he makes it sound like a cheap FX unit.

It's true that he kind of makes them get a weird sterile sound. I always assumed he used some direct in signal to get that sound. Now I can see that a good deal of it is probably coming from running them into a tubescreamer after the preamp stage. I'll admit that it does sound a bit odd when he plays alone, but on his albums, he does so much layering that the guitars start to sound like a warm analogue synth. It's a very cool sound IMHO.

I was wondering if there was not a little bit of marketing by telling us he use planetwaves cables and other stuffs...then he finished with: "i'm a *****!"...LOL! :lol: ****, i love that guy, he's a genius (for those who know about all his projects)

Latest posts

Back