The Tone Monster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hudakhan

Reaction score
First post to the board. I watch Euge Valovirta's channel religiously on Youtube. Here is his review on the Mark V 90. He's 100% a Marshall guy but he literally discovered Mesa Mark amps a few weeks prior to this video with the Mark V 25.

He does something really cool in the video. He makes the Mark sound like his Marshalls. In another video when he's comparing the Mark V to a Soldano SLO 30, he makes the Mark sound like the SLO. He then says that there hasn't been a tone he couldn't replicate with the Mark V with it's GEQ.

He is not into settings. He dials in the amps by ear and rarely says what the settings are. I have never played a Plexi in person, so I don't know what it sounds like to dial in the sound. I wanted to see if others have done the same and could share their settings for a Plexi clone, Engl, Vox, whatever?

I've seen his vids. He's a hell of a tasty player and always gets great tones out of whatever gear he's using. But it's just so much EASIER when the gear is a Mark V. (y)

You got that right. If you sound bad through a Mark V, that is 100% on you. His Red Wolf album is pretty great too. Groovy type of metal. I commented on that video yesterday asking him to make a video on how to make the Mark sound like a Plexi. He said he would make one. Maybe I can get this thread going by putting his settings in here for others to check out and try.

IIRC Euge was on 90W mode across the chans and had the master cranked with that St Rocks silent load and an IR. That will get those power tubes glowing a bit.

No one says "Mesa Boogie" any better then Euge :cool:

Great thread. I just discovered this guy last week and he is really fun to watch. With that video of the Mark V, I don’t think I have ever seen someone as impressed with anything than he is with that amp. I downloaded his 2 solo albums and the band he is in (Cythra). Great stuff. And if you have a chance, watch his video for ”A song for an absent friend”.

Great thread. I just discovered this guy last week and he is really fun to watch. With that video of the Mark V, I don’t think I have ever seen someone as impressed with anything than he is with that amp. I downloaded his 2 solo albums and the band he is in (Cythra). Great stuff. And if you have a chance, watch his video for ”A song for an absent friend”.
Same. I got those albums but my favorite is his Red Wolf album. It's the best one imo. I think his excitement that he is just now discovering the Mark when the Mark series has been out there for all these years is what I dig most about his Mark V amp review. It is genuine excitement.

I'd love to hear and/or see his settings for the SLO tone. Those amps have some amazing clarity for high gain. I was thinking a Mark V could probably get there - or very close.

Latest posts

Back