DELAY

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CATSCANMAN

Reaction score
Have a Stiletto 1X12 and want to know what delay people are running in the effects loop .All suggestions are welcome and thanks for all your help. :lol:

i like my analog ibanez delay from the '80s, it's simple but so great!
i good for anything, i'll tell you on what songs i use it then you'll have an idee:

clean intro fear of the dark: to spice it up
everything from TOOL (you'll have to tweak a little depending on the song)
electric gypsy from andy timmons
intro welcome to the jungle

i also have a boss DD3, but i don't like it that much
give me my Ibanez ( the maxon diserves a plus to)

greets
Dag

Second the Deluxe Memory Man...can't part with it. It is the most important part of the lead tone. AMAZING pedal :D

I use a Deluxe Memory Man, too -- awesome pedal! Very easy to dial in a range of useful, musical tones.

Ive tried a bunch..i only use them in the loop unless its a clean amp.On my marshalls and boogies i love a boss delay in the loop..my best results have been from any dd3 to my current fave the dd20. one of my least favorites from a reliability standpoint was the line6 crap.

Sorry you asked now? Like just about anything it's all subjective. I have and like the Boss DD-20 but then that's me.

BTW, I've heard a lot of good things about the new MXR Carbon Copy analog delay. May have to pick one up for the other amp.

I have used a Line6 Echo Park in the loop of my Lone Star Classic, and it sounds GREAT! It has WAY more features than a typical delay, plus built in tap tempo WITH tap division settings for instant U2-type syncopated delays.

:wink:

i would take a serious look at the eventide timefactor..... eventide quality fx... easy to use and its not a one trick pony unit... little pricey compared to other delay pedals but hey its and eventide and you have 20 presets to work with

For just basic delay I really dig the modded DD-3 I have. I'm actually selling it because I'm using rack stuff now and need to pay my taxes so if you're interested let me know. Basically it's just a DD-3 with the typical "high cut" mod which allows you to flip a 3 way switch for various degrees of cut in the high frequencies of each repeat. It sounds like an Analog Delay now.

Latest posts

Back