DELAY

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have "tried and Buyed" many but always go back to my Line 6 DL4... a great programmable delay that sounds great in the Loop of my Express 5:50. I like the fact that I have three different Delays at my foot with just one pedal.

Opinions are like assholes. We've all got one and here's mine.

I use the Rocktron Xpressions multi effects unit, $340, for all my time based effects. It does a lot more and doesn't have a preamp. This unit was initially recommended to me by someone at Mesa Boogie for its transparency and quality sound. Many people don't like rack gear but just stick it in a two space rack with a power conditioner for your rig and it's very easy to transport and setup. My rack is soft sided with a shoulder strap which makes it easy to carry my other crap.

MJ Slaughter said:
Opinions are like assholes. We've all got one and here's mine.

I use the Rocktron Xpressions multi effects unit, $340, for all my time based effects. It does a lot more and doesn't have a preamp. This unit was initially recommended to me by someone at Mesa Boogie for its transparency and quality sound. Many people don't like rack gear but just stick it in a two space rack with a power conditioner for your rig and it's very easy to transport and setup. My rack is soft sided with a shoulder strap which makes it easy to carry my other crap.

I use a G-Major in much the same way, but it's in a 6 space with my pedals and whatnot.

I bought one of the new Carbon Copy Analog Delays that MXR just released. It sounds really good. There is a "modulation" button that adds a subtle waver to the delay. There are two internal trim pots that allow you to adjust the speed and depth of the modulation. IMHO no digital unit (no matter the price) can come even close to getting the warm washes of sound an analog delay produces.

I'm not a delay expert but I own a Carl Martin Red Repeat and I'm totally happy with it. "Analog voiced" is how they describe it. It is very warm sounding and doesnt color the sound at all. You will need to use a power supply though. It'll suck a battery down in about an hour.

Figured I might as well chime in since no one mentioned the RE-20 Space Echo. Sure it colors your sound (green), but that's the point with this pedal and it sounds really old school and trippy. You can set it to have up 600ms of delay which is an upgrade from the original and your tape isn't ever going to break!

I have been having a blast with this thing in the loop of my LSC.

Ibanez AD202 Multimode Analog Delay.

Made by Maxon in the 80's, has modulation controls, mix controls, wet/dry out, regen, 400-600ms (more if you tweak the trim pots inside)

I want a Binson Echorec 2 tube tape dela, but I don't have 1200$

I have a G-Major that I was using with my Carvin V3, and had decided I needed something else for my Legacy so I wouldn't have to plug/unplug when switching amps...I got a Marshall EchoHead. And I gotta tell ya, it kicks the G-Majors' *** in terms of delay. I'm now selling my G-Major, it's that good.

Dusty Rhodes said:
Sorry you asked now? Like just about anything it's all subjective. I have and like the Boss DD-20 but then that's me.

BTW, I've heard a lot of good things about the new MXR Carbon Copy analog delay. May have to pick one up for the other amp.

I just picked up the MXR carbon Copy It is bar none the best delay I've ever had. It blows my DD3 away. Very warm!

Hi,

These are all great suggestions, and I like, and have owned many of these pedals as well as the G-System, but my favorite delay so far is the Hughes and Kettner Replex Tube Driven Delay Pedal. Sweet, sweet and more sweet...

Latest posts

Back