Dead Recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitar Adjuster

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a 3 channel Dual Recto head, he made the mistake of unplugging the cabinet and trying to run a pair of head phones into the slave out..(stupid mistake), the fuse blew and now it won't work. If you replace the fuse it will power up but as soon as he takes it off standby it pops the fuse. Any idea of what happened? Blown OT?

Thank!

Yup it don't sound good.

Check out the thread here
http://www.grailtone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9957

Same situation almost exactly. These things come with manuals and if not you can find them easily on the net. I paid $1600 CAD used for my Triple you bet your *** I read that manual. No load on the speaker is something I new from owning Marshalls in the past though but if your new read the manual when buying something this expensive it doesn't even take an hour for the recitifer series.

The salesmen at these stores need to alert people to this too because unless your able to totally lie through your teeth your paying for this out of your pocket even if the amp is 1 day old.

That is one good thing about solid state - this sort of thing doesn't happen.

Ciao ...

Yep, before the Roadster I had a Marshall Mode Four and I tried it out and nothing happens. The SS or hybrid amps don't have an output transformer since they use a SS power stage. This is what usually dies on an all tube amp if you don't have a load on the output.

Ciao ...

Boogies are far from perfect - other amp makers have already implemented amp load monitoring in their designs.

For example, the ENGL E670 won't allow the amp to enter standby mode without a speaker plugged in. The circuit required would very simple. They also have individual output tube monitoring with fuses on each tube. When you lose one tube, that pair are shut down but the other pair still allow you to run at a lower power rating. Ingenious :)

Back