Day 9: Still no sign of the elusive Mini Mark

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryjan

Reaction score
I can finally define desperation.

I sold my Roadster to fund the Mini Mark last week and it looks like the earliest the next batch will start shipping is another two weeks away. For the first time in years I am completely amp-less.
God help me I'm running my 15 year old Boss GT-3 into my PA so I can at least practice a bit while I wait. The amp models from yesteryear are...........lacking.

YOU SOLD YOUR ROADSTER :?: :?: :?: :?:

I never thought I'd see the day... You made ME want one.

Sorry your amp hasn't come. Hope it gets there soon.

Thanks man.
If I were still in a band the Roadster would be the PERFECT amp. In every way. The features, tone, power, versatility, and everything else this amp does made it where I needed nothing more than a cable and a speaker cab to get a gig done. And I'd actually claim that at loud gig level volumes it produced THE best guitar tone I've ever had. Hands down.
Now, for a hobbyist type player who jams with buddies occasionally but spends 90% of the time playing with backing tracks for fun or recording riffs here and there the Roadster was an example of monumental overkill. :lol:
The MK V25 will fit my current situation much, much better.

Well as far as flexibility goes, I think you would do well to pick up an OD808 or similar to extend the footswitchable range of the MV25. You're going to have a bit of culture shock going to 2 channels. Worse is knowing that other modes are there, but not quite accessible...

On the plus side, you can switch between the modes very nicely without having to twiddle knobs for the most part. The only issues I see are that you would likely want to alter crunch mode and xtreme mode comes in with a bit of a volume jump, though not nearly as much as with some other amps like the express series.

Got my Mark 5:25 yesterday from Humbucker Music, ordered
Halloween night. They've got different Tolex and Grill options
too.

The local shop sold his mini's before they hit the floor. He said he'd let me know when more arrive but won't reserve one without full payment. A couple of weeks he said. Looks like Mesa hit the jackpot with this model, there's a ton of Mark lll's on eBay.

Day 11:

Amended my order with Sweetwater. Added a Recto 2x12 vertical. Tone and aesthetics. 8)

I've never had a brand new rig before. Feel kinda snooty. :lol:

Well as far as flexibility goes, I think you would do well to pick up an OD808 or similar to extend the footswitchable range of the MV25. You're going to have a bit of culture shock going to 2 channels. Worse is knowing that other modes are there, but not quite accessible...
Thanks. I'm a less is more kinda guy so two great channels of Mark V will be great for me. Having the ba-jillion options on my Roadster was a lot of fun but other than messing around I mainly used channels 1 and 4 so the Mark V:25's two channels aren't limiting to me at all. In fact, I'm looking forward to the simplicity. (As if that could be uttered in the same sentence as "Mark V")

I have to confess. I was going to get the vertical cab pretty much because of how cool it looks. It's simply the perfect size for a "lunchbox" amp. I know it sounds good and it's a lot cheaper than getting two Mesa 1x12's but even so............I would have bought it anyway simply because of how cool it looks matched with this head. :oops:

I should post some clips of what I'm getting out of the old GT-3. I haven't messed with this thing in years. I forgot how fun this thing was and for it's age it still sounds pretty......ok. :lol:

Be patient! I went about 3 or 4 weeks before mine finally came. It's an awesome amp and you'll love it!

Day 12:

Starting to get a little fuzzy around the edges. Last night I swore I was getting great tone from my Roland cube. Just goes to show what not having a Boogie in you house for almost two weeks will do to your soul.

Got an update from Sweetwater though. Looks like my amp and cab will ship either next Wednesday or Thursday.

Hope you get it soon! Don't worry about the psychedelic effects, they should wear off once you get a Mesa back in the house. But oh, the flashbacks...

Thanks for the support guys. I'm better now and I've put the Roland cube away. I just fear I may relapse. What's the mantra here?
One day at a time?
Give it your all?
YOLO?
Fish are friends, not food?

we had catfish for supper last night...tasty friends...

hang in there - only 3-4 days left for shipping. you'll make it

Day 16:

The possibility of complete physical and mental breakdown are becoming very real now. I've taken steps to limit my visits to Sweetwater's order update page to only 9 times per day. No progress yet.

**** them and the allure or their 3 payment deal!

Play acoustic until it comes...

I know Mesa are killing themselves to build and ship as fast as possible. But they have to thoroughly QA the amps as well, and better good than fast.

Latest posts

Back