Boogie Schematics...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deltablues

Reaction score
Any chance that Mesa Engineering might relax their ban against internet websites posting their schematics?

I'm primarily interested in being able to post schems in my archive from vintage Boogies that are no longer in production. (The ones that your average point-to-point amp tech could actually repair).

:?: http://www.schematicheaven.com

They might, there are a few sites that actually list them:

http://www.tubefreak.com/schema.htm is just one.

They are very eager to give the average Joe a schem of amps they don't make anymore.

I have a nice collection of semi-modern schems if you want them. Several models of DC, Mark, a Heartbreaker & Nomad as well.

I have been pillaging your site for years, it's about time I gave you something back. :twisted:

I really enjoy Schematic Heaven. The guys at the Fender Forum think you're a god.

Are you not out of Poland? I find it hard for Mesa to have that kind of control over Europe. The tubefreak site has been up for years and I am sure he would have gotten a ceast and desist if he were in the USA.
The sad thing about Mesa schematics is that they are very hard to follow unless you know what you are doing. You never see the traces under the board.

http://www.Schematicheaven.com was one of those sites that got a cease & desist from Mesa when I first put it up and posted the Boogie Schems that I had.

I believe their official line when I got my cease & desist was that they (Mesa) routinely update their schematics and want to be the only source for them so that only the most up to date ones are used. But this excuse really doesn't make much sense for their classic point to point wired amp designs like the original Mark I, which hasn't changed in a VERY LONG TIME. (I have no interest in posting schems of amps that are full of IC chips because the average amp tech couldn't work on them anyway).

I was just wondering if Mesa has had a change of heart, or if they're still brow beating US-based Boogie loyalists website owners... ??? :roll:

PS: Any schems you'd like to send me for posting in the schematicheaven archive can be sent directly to: [email protected]

Yes, Boogie is still keeping them from US based sites. Tubefreak would be such a pain to go through European laws to have him pull them down.
The Tubefreak site is great if you have the exact version of amplifier, but as you stated they revise their circuits very often. Even the old PTP amps are still not a fully true schematic. They are usually backwards, upside down and omit certain caps and resistors. I have blueprinted the IIC+, both early and late and I can attest to that.

I mailed Mesa for a schematic for the rectoverb. The respond I got was somthing like, we can't give it to you, because the amp is still in production. I think that if you wanted schematics of amps that are not produced anywmore, give mesa a call.

I have a series 1 single rectifier Rect-O-Verb that has an inoperative solo function. I need a schematic if possible. I am a repair technician at Farlows Music and Repair in Marietta, GA.
Any help is appreciated.

Latest posts

Back