Backing up to go forward

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOEY B.

Reaction score
I found a preamp tube that works wonders in my Mark I. I utilize the gain boost footswitch and my modded boss OD-1 together with the guitar's volume knob to get a variety of tones from the non-channel switching amp. The JAN GE 5751 installed in the V1 position allows better control of the preamp volumes and more usable range of the OD pedal than the GT12AX7M's that are in the other positions. I usually jack the pedal's level wide open and set the drive knob to taste. Here is a picture of what another board member called "Franken-steen". This tube was the best $20 (Doug's tubes) that I have spent tone-wise. Other Mark I users should give it a try.

DSC01619.jpg

I started using and collecting the 5751's about 10 years ago,have 'em in the V1 position of all my amps and the V1 and V3 of my IIC+,really smooths things out,great tube.

I agree with the 5751 and don't forget the other 12at7,12au7. If you want more then Metal tones, there great options IMHO. Cool find

Back