A little love for the Mark I Reissue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormin

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been playing the snot out of my Mark Ir lately, and just thought I'd share a little love for it. I've spent the last seven years trying an assortment of amps to satisfy my blues jones, and the Mark I keep on smoking 'em all. The quest has gone throught the following:

'99 Mark I reissue
'68 Deluxe Reverb (gone)
'65 Twin Reverb (gone)
Fender Blues Deluxe (gone)
Bad Cat Black Cat 2x12 (gone)
'67 Super Reverb (gone)
'66 Bassman (still love this too)

Every time I have A/B'd the Mark I against any of the above, it wins every time for smokin' blues tone. I run it in a Mark IV head shell with a 1x12 EV loaded Thiele and a 1x12 MC90 loaded 1/2 Back. I just replaced the stock Mesa tubes today with ElectroHarmonix preamp tubes and the reissue Mullard EL34 power tubes, and it's better than ever. I get such an in your face blues tone on Channel 2 (the Blackface one)! It is pure magic with my '68 Strat.

Just thought I'd spread the love,

Stormin!

Well, basically what you have is a super hot rodded Fender with enough gain and sustain to feed your Blues jones.

1984 IIC+ Imbuya Combo -Simul-EQ-Reverb-EV - Kept
1984 IIC+ Tolex Combo - Simul-EQ-Reverb-EV - EV 12LB for now- Kept
1985 IIC+ Padauk Hardwood head - Simul-EQ-Reverb -Kept
1990 MK III - Green Stripe Long Chassis -Simul-EQ-Reverb - Kept
1993 MK IV - MKIVB- 1X12 EV tolex
1992 Dual Rectifier - Serial 023X - First 240 -Kept
2004 Road King - Gone
2006 Road King Series II - Being built as we speak.
1987 Marshall 2555 Silver Jubilee Full Stack - Kept
1987 Marshall 2555 Silver jubilee Head - Gone for a boat load
1993 Soldano SLO 100 with matching Purple Snake Skin - Kept
2001 Mesa 3 Channel Dual Rectifier - Gone - Pop-pop-pop
2003 Matchless Phoenix 35 2X12 - Sweet, but Gone
2000 Mesa F4B - Kept
1990- Old Style Ported 1X12 EV Thiele - Kept
1999 Diezel VH-4 - Long Gone hype
Credit card debt and home equity loan - Very Large.

My kids first words were Mesa and Boogie. Hence the name Boogiebabies. Whe i bring an amp home, they say, look, Dad has another Mesa Boogie.

Good to see another Charlotte brother in here. I work in Charlotte, but moved out to the UC three years ago. Now I can crank em.

We PM'd each other a few days ago. You stole that Mark III from GC that I wanted to get :twisted: If you ever want to sell that III, please let me know.

I bought my Mark I like 7 or 8 years ago to double as a "portable" Twin Reverb on steroids. It's the only amp I've had for that long. I had a blue stripe loaded III that I stupidly sold, and a IV that I had a love/hate thing with for 6 years. The I is the only Boogie I've had that I just "bonded" with.

...Stormin!

stormin said:
We PM'd each other a few days ago. You stole that Mark III from GC that I wanted to get :twisted: If you ever want to sell that III, please let me know.

I bought my Mark I like 7 or 8 years ago to double as a "portable" Twin Reverb on steroids. It's the only amp I've had for that long. I had a blue stripe loaded III that I stupidly sold, and a IV that I had a love/hate thing with for 6 years. The I is the only Boogie I've had that I just "bonded" with.

...Stormin!

Must be the Klonopin... :D

I will sell that MK III for $ 1,000,000. I have never heard another one like it. It still has the same tubes as in the store and they are superb. EH EL34's and Svetlana 6L6GC with NOS Chinese Silver Specials. I am sure once I re-tube the tone will go out the window. For now, it's got some Mojo. As you can tell, I have bonded to way too many Boogies. They are like a crack addiction to me. Speaking of, I need to go down to Central Ave. and sell some blood. Payment on the MK III is due.

Latest posts

Back