A Eurotube suggestion...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichiganboySB

Reaction score
Thought I'd see if anyone has gone with this tube configuration in either their dual or triple. Bob at Eurotube responded to my email extremely fast and suggested this:
So most of the tone that BH get comes from his fingers, he does play Mesa rec’s and Marshall amps so if your after the combination of these tones then you are probably a good candidate for the tube lineup I use in my DR.
He's referring to "Buckethead"... the sound I strive for!
It consists of an Integrated quad using two 6V6’s in the middle two sockets and two KT77’s in the outside two sockets. This gets a great clean tone and the 6V6’s have a deeper thump than 6L6’s do. At higher volumes the 6V6’s break first and the mixture of these with the complex harmonics that the KT77’s have is a killer combination. These are run in the EL34 mode using the GZ34 rectifiers in either the Bold or Spongy setting. Unlike the stock 5U4’s which are very mushy the GZ34’s are very punchy but retain that tube rectifier tone.
For the front end I use a Gold Pin ECC803S for V1, a Gold Pin ECC83S for V2, a high gain ECC83S in V3, a standard ECC83S in V4 with a balanced ECC83S in V5 for the phase inverter.
You can find this kit in the online store under Mesa Dual Rec amps under “My person fave”.

Anyway, that is my favorite lineup and this would run 156.00 and I can ship and insure any order by Priority mail for 8.00 with a 3 day delivery anywhere in the US

So checks in the mail and hopefully is money well spent, I'll report my findings next week
Ken

We need clips of this, I've been eyeing it lately but I'm in love with my EL34L's

Latest posts

Back