92dual rec. info

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
siggy14 said:
so when did they switch to D and was there an E? Much of a tone difference between the C's and D's and F's?

I know my C sounds different on the modern channel than my F. It's a bit clearer and the attack is sick. Also I called Mesa about the Volume difference on the C between Ch1 and Ch2 . Rich DuVall said that on the C's the clean channel was an after thought. They evened up the Volume by the time they got to the F's. I have to almost dime the clean output to match the voulme on channel 2. That's been my experience with the two I own.

oh ok, i dont use the clean anyway on the 2 channel rec, i just use both as dirty channels.

Guitarzan said:
siggy14 said:
so when did they switch to D and was there an E? Much of a tone difference between the C's and D's and F's?

I know my C sounds different on the modern channel than my F. It's a bit clearer and the attack is sick. Also I called Mesa about the Volume difference on the C between Ch1 and Ch2 . Rich DuVall said that on the C's the clean channel was an after thought. They evened up the Volume by the time they got to the F's. I have to almost dime the clean output to match the voulme on channel 2. That's been my experience with the two I own.

i've had limited comparison time between C and D because of classes and neighbors and all. But i did it once for about 5 minutes and i didn't notice a substantial change, if any. Someday when I have lots of free time I'll ask my friend to loan me his recording setup so i can do some comparisons of all three rectifiers at equal settings to post up. Hopefully before christmas.

Back