• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

4 Month Old (New?) Mark IV Short Head - SOLD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dantana

Reaction score
Brand new from Mesa Boogie 8/07. Looking for a good home, preferably nearby (Atlanta). As much as I love the versatility and tone of this amp, I just never seem to be able to properly open it up live. Yes, the Tweed Power and "Class A" settings allow you to push the power tubes at lower volumes, but both of these settings lack the "punch" (not just volume) of the Full/Simul settings. This amp turns into a different animal as it opens up and I just can't take it there in the venues I'm playing.

If you've been thinking about ordering one new, this is your chance w/o the wait. Short Body Head, Black Taurus with Tan Grill. Flawless. I'll even throw in a brand new pair of MB EL-34 for additional tonal options. I'm not giving this amp away, but I do need to move it to make room (and $) for its replacement. I'll post some pics as soon as I get a chance.

Serious purchase offers only please, no trades (this needs to fund another amp).

Sold!! Thanks, Charles.

hey dan,
i am in valdosta.... about 3 hrs belw you.... trade forr a rivera k100 knucklehead with factory gain mod and a pod pro xt live footboard...? dave

Thanks for the offer Dave but as my post stated, this needs to be an outright sale. This is a great opportunity to shortcut the 6-8 week wait for a new Mark IV from Mesa. Let me know if you're interested in buying it. I'll be happy to arrange to meet you halfway.

Dan

BTW I've got an M100 as well so I'm quite familiar with Riveras. Awesome amps!

No problem. I hope you find someone willing to trade. The Mark IV really is an amazing amp.

Dan

Hey Bill,

I'd like to get $1,750 considering the price from Boogie is $2000 plus the 6-8 week wait. I'll post pics in the next day or so.
Thanks for the inquiry,

Dan

Here are a few pics. I'm not sure if it's my camera or me, but the pics sort of suck. I'll try again when I've got a bit of time to spend with it.

Coversm.jpg

Frontsm.jpg

Front2sm.jpg

Backsm.jpg

Stuffsm.jpg

I apologize again for the poor quality of the pics. The amp is absolutely flawless. I also forgot to show the pair of EL-34's I'm including in the accessories pic.

$1750 including a new pair of Mesa EL-34s (vs @ $2,000 from MB). My preference is a local sale to eliminate shipping headaches, but I'm sure we can find a way to safely ship it if need be (I think Mesa Boogie sent it UPS to my dealer). I would rather sell here than do the e-bay thing, so feel free to make an offer. I've replaced the Mark IV and really do need to go ahead and sell it (way too much gear for a weekend hack!).

Latest posts

Back