Your ultimate Dream Mesa

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oz_mike

Reaction score
What would you love to see???

Me,... a 4 channel Roadking-esque with the following features:

- Channel 1: Mark 1 (Mode 1- Mark 1 clean, Mode 2- Hotrodded Mark 1 Clean, Mark 1 lead)
- Channel 2: Mark IV (Mode 1 - Mark IV Rhythm 1, Mode 2 - Mark IV Rhythm 2, Mode 3 - Mark IV Lead)
- Channel 3: Series 1 Recto (Mode 1 - Green, Mode 2 - Orange, Mode 3 - Red)
- Channel 4: More Recto (Mode 1 - Raw, Mode 2 - Soldano SLO, Mode 3 - Hotrodded Modern)

Simul-class poweramp, with channel assignable power tubes.
Tube Reverb.

i know this probably fly with you "rec guys" but i LOVE my nomad 100 head. i plan on putting kt77s or el34s (or a mix) in it soon. that should top it off. i bought it used and the power tubes haven't been replaced for a good 5 years :shock: . i'll change that though. i might just change the preamp tubes as well

It would be an RKII with switchable wattage or power soak built in. That's the only thing it doesn't seem to have.

I have 3 new Mesa's. A Roadking, Mark 4 widebody combo and a LSS 1 x 12.

If I could only keep 1 it would be the Mark 4.

I would then want improved reverb with the switch on the floorboard.

Fender type Tremolo for the clean channel.

A magic formula that would make it weigh about 30 lbs less.

brianf

my dream mesa:

Mesa/Boogie Cherry popper

Channel 1 - clean and very sparkly!
Channel 2 - low gain - brit and vintage modes
Channel 3 - recto high gain
Channel 4 - cherry poppin' lead channel - smooth and thick seary lead.

the amp would have a picture of a bleeding hymen to the right of the power switch

The vastly different tones will be acheived by following the maverick model of having 2 preamps in one amp, and progressive linkage of course.

I like my LSS a lot the way it is.

I guess it would be cool to see them add a stripped-down, one-channel, low-power, no-master amp to the line. But that would be kind of anti-Mesa. :)

I'm pretty happy with my Dual Recto head with the EL34 and THD Yellowjacket combination. I might be interested in getting a Stiletto to go along with it, though.

It would be build off the LSC:

1. Drop the weight in half
2. Bring all reverb settings in front
3. Install a cover over the 6L vs 6V switch
4. Add the following FX: tuner, tremolo & phaser

a mk iv with a fourth channel...channel 3 recto channel... switchable reverb off the floor f/switch and two switchable fx loop's and 100watts...basicly a old school road king...

yeah that would be cool

my dream woud be:
Mark IV plus a really modern channel for distortion. That and a good reverb. Any size would be fine - my Mark IV has it all except an over the top gain channel (modern gain, that is).

John

Yeah, if the Mark IV just had a Recto hidden in it somewhere that'd be it.

I was thinking this topic a little redundant upon itself. Aren't Mesas pretty much dream machines anyway? I mean really....

There are some that think that the DSL is the end of the line and amps can get no better. They sing their praises and are like little giddy schoolgirls with them. Honestly, ... the Mark IV outclasses the DSL and puts it to shame.

I almost forgot though, the Mark IV could use a good plexi inside too. It makes a good Marshally sound in R2 but could really benefit from a little deeper/thicker tone. I am sure that it might make it and I just haven't found it yet so if this is a premature wish then I concede.

I know the RK is one hell of an amp but I still like the Mark IV better.

What if Mesa did a Lone King Mark V? Road Star Mark V? I can just see the control panel now. It would be so full of knobs and sliders that you would be intimidated by it. This is not to mention the back panel options. Geez, the thought would be scary. I think that hypothetically that would be the dream Mesa.

What if they just made the Ultimate Mark that had the IIC+ powerstage with the features of the Mark IV but it had several preamps onboard? Oh wait, maybe like the Randall that you can slip modules in and out of? Hey why doesn't Mesa do that so you can have a Recto/Mark? Or go one step further and offer power section modules also?

nomad series 2
channel 1- blue angel
channel 2- rectifier
channel 3- IIC+ lead
100/60 watt switch, 5 band EQ, switchable series/parellel loop. extreme power amp setting that strips all negative feedback.

until then... im good with the nomad series one :lol:

How about adding something to any mesa amp to make the "solo" feature more useful? In particular, the Road king. How sweet would it be to have an EQ, maybe a graphic, whatever, some type of shaping control to make it more of a tool for leads rather than just the louder button, and while we're at it, a way to balance things a little better. If you set channel 1/2 for 100-120 watts for super loud clean, and 30-50 watts on 3/4, now your balance is WAYYYY off if you're trying to make use of the solo feature. Your unboosted 3/4 will KILL your unboosted 1/2 if you have your volumes matched with solo engaged. If they could implement something like that, the King truly would stand alone. But that's a MINOR gripe on an otherwise disgustingly great amp.

Latest posts

Back