Your Dream Mesa Design for next modern amp model

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesanomad100

Reaction score
3/4 channels

-clean(from the MKIV)
-Breakup
-Higher gain crunch
-outragous lead sound

proggresive linkage
Reverb
5band graphic EQ

pretty much the same as yourself,taking the best from the MK series and the best from the Recto series!!!!!
#

the best amp i would ever play :)

a stripped down triple rec. 1 ch w/ 2 modes vin&mod. 1 row of knobs, serial fx loop , diode rectification only. all for $1,200-1,400.
oh yeah black diamond and chrome chassis should be standard

Those first two sound pretty good but I think I would skip the reverb. Outboard reverb is much better anyway.

Modern? It seems less channels are becoming more popular! My vote would go for a Single channel "modern" Mesa! Where lower guitar volumes would yield a Lonestar type of clean, and full guitar volumes would be that of a Rectifier's channel 3/4! Oh ya, and keep it simple and pure: No loops, eq's, or push/pulls! :wink:

How about a Mesa that is like the Randall with modules? Then add the power options and graphic EQ?

i'm probably one of the few but i would love to see something single channel with a simple signal path. maybe 30 watts, no variable wattage settings, no loops, no nothin. like a channel lifted out of the lonestar, stripped to the bone and housed in a widebody open back 1x12 combo. just give me gain, treble, mid, bass, presence and volume. and maybe the deluxe version can have reverb and a loop. kinda like the blue angel.

hehe. hey jbird, i think i was started typing my post when you were hitting the submit button. i feel you on that.

Here's my suggestion: a 3-channel Stiletto with reverb. I'd love to be able to set the the current amp's channel two crunch, tite gain and fluid drive in two channels. That way, you could have two footswitchable higher-gain sounds with seperate EQ settings. And to be able to reverb on any channel you want would be nice.

If Mesa would build that amp, I'd have to go grovel and beg to my wife for the funds for that one.

But until then, I guess I'll just have to make due with my current Ace... :D

The Mark Jr.

-10 watt single ended power amp, silicon rectifier.
-Simple preamp section with switchable cascading option (using both sides of an extra 12AX7).
-Gain (pull Fat), output volume (pull Cascade), presence and 5 band EQ
-Simple series effects loop
-Pentode/Triode switch
-Small head or combo with 10" or 12" speaker

Single Rectifier Road Prince

-40/20/10/5 watt progressive linkage power amp section using 2 6V6 and 2 EL84 power tubes. 10/5 watt mode is class A using either the 6V6 or EL84 alone or parallel. Tube or Silicon Diode rectification
-Simplified Rectifier preamp circuit
-Three channels - channel 1 clean with clean/fat modes, channel 2 mid gain with tweed/brit modes, and channel 3 high gain with vintage/modern modes.
-Built in spring reverb
-series effects loop
-Each channel has independent controls (Master, Presence, Bass, Mid, Treble, Gain and Reverb) with independent Progressive Linkage control on the rear panel...master output and solo level controls
-6 button footswitch for each channel, reverb, effects loop and solo

Don't really know how complicated it would be to produce these two amps, or if I even have the proper wattage matched with the output tubes I listed...but something like these would be nice. It would be really nice to see something like the Mark Jr. come in well below that $1000 mark, with the Road Prince coming somewhere between the single and dual rectifier.

Channel 1:
-Lonestar Cleans
-Pushed mode off of a recto

Channel 2:
-2ch Recto Vintage
-best of Stilleto

Channel 3:
-Mark 2C+
-2ch Dual Recto

Graphic EQ
Tri-Class design
Progressive Linkage
Serial Loops
Cabinet switching (like road king)
Amp tells you when a tube is failing (like Diezel)

sgtbaker said:
How about a one channel JMP clone that looks like the Stiletto Ace with Emerald Green.

Isn't the Stiletto Ace already close enough?

I don't think much comes close to a plexi other than another plexi. Some of the clones get it though.

I dont know what I'd call it, but I would have a 4 channel head. Channels 1 and two directly from the Lonestar Classic and Channel 3 and 4 from a two channel Dual Rec Solo Head. Reverb is a must, switchable power modes, selectable el34's or 6l6's. Basically a similar concept to the road king, but with true lonestar circuitry for channels 1 and 2. Not to creative, but would be the amp of my dreams. :mrgreen:

Start with the layout and all the options of a RK with the progressive linkage, 2 assignable fx loops, assignable cabinet outputs. Then model each channel as follows:

channel 1: same as roadster channel 1
channel 2: a mark series-esk channel which would cover all the "hot rodded" fender tones
channel 3: same as channel 2 on the stilleto
channel 4: same as channel 3/4 of roadster

And for the show stopper, fully programable midi system to control all the functions (ie reverb, solo, fx loop) and channels similar to the ENGL SE and Marshall JVM. Also like the cherry on top of the sundae, a built in noise reduction system for the higher gained channels.

Only setback is you may need casters standard on the amp because that thing would be a **** beast. I would name it the Dual Stiledster King

Channel One: Diezel VH4 preamp
Channel Two: Mark IIC+ preamp
Channel Three: Dual Rectifier preamp
Channel Four: Fender Clean

Independant EQ for each channel, 5-Band master eq, trem/verb, simul-class, comes stock with NOS vintage tubes, can use EL84/EL34/KT88/6V6/6L6 out of the box. Hand wired, point to point, no PCB. Built in power attenuator,

dmt said:
Channel One: Diezel VH4 preamp
Channel Two: Mark IIC+ preamp
Channel Three: Dual Rectifier preamp
Channel Four: Fender Clean

Independant EQ for each channel, 5-Band master eq, trem/verb, simul-class, comes stock with NOS vintage tubes, can use EL84/EL34/KT88/6V6/6L6 out of the box. Hand wired, point to point, no PCB.

Excellent choice of preamps. But I hate to break it to you, PTP doesn't cut the mustard anymore, a well designed quality PCB is much better :) plus using PTP on such a complex amp means it will cost $4000 or something.

Back