Your Dream Mesa Design for next modern amp model

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noup.
The sounds in triaxis are really circuits from the amps .
You have circuits not programs.There's no POD here :lol:
If you want a mark IV lead,you have to copy its circuits inside triaxis :wink:
Triaxis is a jewel.
This new triaxis will be a MASTER PIECE :twisted: :twisted:

right I see,I ahve never palyed or owned a Tri. but it sounds like I should look into one :)

I thought they were just like expensive p.o.ds(I dont like saying the word) with tubes

but Im now turned around to them

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My friend triaxis has nothing to do with pods !!!!!
It has tubes,no simulation here . :wink:
MESA don't make toys,they make tube amps !! :twisted:

yeah I know but I never knew that the triaxis had the actual circuit boards from the amps it has onboard inside it,thats all I have never really studied the triaxis in any great detail,

If it does have the actual amp circuit boards in it then I may have to check it out,but I dont know how true this statement is becuase to my knowledge the triaxis has a MKIIc+ mode in it,Im sure it wont sound that much like a IIc+ as it doesnt have the transformer

hmm I suppose I may have to try one out though becuase if it does have a IIc+ circuit in it then Im onto one :)

I can't remember wich circuits it have,I think other member could tell us,but I know that it sound like heaven.I will not change my triaxis for nothing.I bought my first one in 1994,untill now never found anything better,at least to my tastes :wink:

I have heard of a series 2 phat mod or something along these lines,which has a rectifier preset

anyways they sound like they are awsome

mesanomad100 said:
right I see,I ahve never palyed or owned a Tri. but it sounds like I should look into one :)

I thought they were just like expensive p.o.ds(I dont like saying the word) with tubes

The triaxis doesn't literally have the PCB boards from the amps in it. It has the same general value for the signal path as the original amp it replicates. So the Ld2 Green mode has the same general signal path as the MkIV. It doesn't line up 100% because some of the amps have radically different layouts. The recto mode is not %100 like the DR amps, because of compromises that had to be made to shoehorn it into the Mark preamps the the triaxis was designed with originally. Also the tone controls behave slightly differently.

But the triaxis is %100 Tube except for the fx return and the speaker sim. Those functions use op-amps much like a Tube Screamer uses opamps.

msi said:
mesanomad100 said:

The triaxis doesn't literally have the PCB boards from the amps in it. It has the same general value for the signal path as the original amp it replicates. So the Ld2 Green mode has the same general signal path as the MkIV. It doesn't line up 100% because some of the amps have radically different layouts. The recto mode is not %100 like the DR amps, because of compromises that had to be made to shoehorn it into the Mark preamps the the triaxis was designed with originally. Also the tone controls behave slightly differently.

But the triaxis is %100 Tube except for the fx return and the speaker sim. Those functions use op-amps much like a Tube Screamer uses opamps.

ok thanks alot,great info :)

Take the RK II and replace the 2nd clean channel with a "Mark" channel that has 3 preamp modes - IIC+ rhythm, IIC+ lead and IV lead.

Add a full blown MIDI control system ala the H&K Switchblade that actually allows you to save parameters and recall them all without touching the physical knobs.

If this existed all you'd have to do is add an effects processor and a nice pedal board and you'd have full touring rig type capability with just a few pieces of gear.

I'd like a 3 channel Stiletto. each channel with 2 modes. Channel one could be the fat clean and tite clean. Channel 2 would be crunch and tite gain. Channel 3 would be the Fluid gain and a final mega gain option.

I'd like to see the amp be able to take 6L6 as well as EL 34 tubes and want build in reverb that is footswitchable.

Tabs said:
Take the RK II and replace the 2nd clean channel with a "Mark" channel that has 3 preamp modes - IIC+ rhythm, IIC+ lead and IV lead.

Add a full blown MIDI control system ala the H&K Switchblade that actually allows you to save parameters and recall them all without touching the physical knobs.

If this existed all you'd have to do is add an effects processor and a nice pedal board and you'd have full touring rig type capability with just a few pieces of gear.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000

i'll even take it if it can't store the parameters..... but it would be nice and would kill the JVM and switchblade IMHO

I want my Rec Pre to have:

- presets! I only need, like 12. I don't even need MIDI. Or at least make the modes footswitchable.
- ditto on switchable parallel or series fx loop.

I want my 20/20 to have:

- two-stage power section. I want a 100-watt-per-channel solid state power section added on top of the current tube section.
- switchable 'bite' and 'deep' mode to basically turn the Deep Mod on and off.

I would like the 'Roadie'

100/50/10W

4 6L6s, 4EL84s, Spring/Tube Reverb
3 Channels: (Sep eqs) Master, Treb, Mid, Bass, Pres, Gain
Progessive Linkage, Tube/Diode Rectified
Simul-Class, Class A
Pentode/Triode
FX Loop

Separate 5 band Eq similar to Mk series

Each channel would have two voicings: Mark Series, Rectifier Series

Output

Available as combo or separate heads.

Basically I want a Mark IV and Rectifier all in one!

Back