Yep, another QUAD clip ;)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep, cool clip. what guitar did you use to record that? anderson? which pickup is it loaded with? H2+? H3? thanks.

oops, I forgot to write the rest of the setup :roll:

I've played it with my Tom Anderson (H2+ SD1 SD1R pups), Quad is connected to my custom made 50W mono 6L6 poweramp and to an Engl 2x12 vertical cab loaded with V30s. Everything was mic'd by a Sennheiser e606 (in US it's called the e609 Silver - dunno why, as they're definitely different mics) and connected straight to my M-Audio soundcard.

Thanks for listening, I'm glad you liked it :D :D :D

MetalMatt: thank you for listening!

Satchie: I've used Lead 1 for this mp3. Settings were: Input Volume 7(pulled), Treble 7(pulled), Bass 3, Middle 7 (pulled), Lead Drive 9, Master and Lead Master to your tastes (keep in mind that Master level will influence also Lead volume), Lead Master pulled. I can't remember if I used EQ, anyway I use them scooped, much like ytse_jam's avatar :)

The mic was put in the centre of the cone, parallel to the grill.

Hope this helps.

I'm glad you liked this clip guys :D

I've dialed it in, and I get quite the same sound as in your clip. It remindes me of a Steve Lukather oldschool lead tone. Too bad I don't like rhythm 1 (clean) with this setting, so I'll have to use lead 2 for the lead sounds, since clean channel is very important to me... Darn, I need 2 quad preamps :evil:
Thanks for the settings!

Satchie said:
Too bad I don't like rhythm 1 (clean) with this setting, so I'll have to use lead 2 for the lead sounds, since clean channel is very important to me...

It is important for me as well. Luckily enough, the volume difference between humbucker and singles on my guitar allows me for some clean headroom on Rhy1 with these settings, when changing from humb to single.

What I love the most is that the sound is *almost* clean, but retains some almost unaudible distortion that make harmonics jump out of the amp pretty easily. I love it that way.

Satchie said:
Thanks for the settings!

You're welcome, mate :D

Latest posts

Back