YEEE HAH - Here We Go - MK IV on its way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshboogie

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Gonna pick up my new MKIV on Tuesday and I can't wait!!! - its one of the EV loaded models - does this mean its an A??

Anyway, I don't care, just thought I'd share my excitement with you!!!

Gotta rough it at this weekend's gigs with a loaned Triple Rec!!!

Congrats on the new Mark IV!! We're excited for you.

I was going to feel sorry for you for the weekend but...
your "roughing it" with a Triple Rectifier! :shock:

Roughing it. :roll: :lol:

If your Mark IV has the satellite send function and a jack for a reverb footswitch then it's a B. If not an A.

Yeah the EV is not really a designator whether it is A or B or not.

Look at the back and see if the loops are in a square or in an L shape then look for the satellite send. Tha lack of the satellite send and the shape of a square denote the A type.

I almost forgot, congrats...

I hope you like your amp as much as I like mine.

Congrats! When I want something different from the Road King tone, I plug my MK IV A Combo into my RK 4X12 Cab in addition to the 1X12 EV. Guaranteed to blow your brains out. The MK IV is a timeless classic, you made an excellent choice.

Well, its arrived!!! and what can i say? - WOW!!!!

For Years and Years I have played with a III and have always struggled with tone - you know that smooth smooth lead sound - gone through loads of guitars blaming them for the bad tone - plugged this baby in last night - set it to the sample "LA" setting - and cowabunga there it was - THE sound!!!!!!

Not knocking the III at all because it was a glorious amp, but this IV is in a different league.

BTW, its an A.

haha that's the exact same experience I had! I had a mark III redstripe then I got the mark IV and i was like, this thing is so much easier to tweek and get good tone out of, CONGRATS

Nick,

Yes, I was worrying a bit because a few guys on here state that the IV is a hard puppy to dial in - I can't find a bad sound yet!!!

And R2 - well, WOW, what a great channel!!!

We must have years of experience of tweaking with the III's!!!!!

Congratulations on the Mark IV welshboogie!! I had a Mark IV back in the early-mid 90's and I simply loved it. I had 3 Marshalls before that and once I got my Mark IV, I realized how much I hated Marshalls. No offense to the Marshall club but... I think they are an inferior amp. By far. Anyway I went through that getting rid of my gear phase and I just got a RKII. Even before I got it I knew I still wanted another Mark IV, it's just a great amp!!! So anyway, one of these days.

By the way, you might want to think hard about keeping the III. Sometimes it hurts a little when you can't take your decision back.

Back