• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: a "starter" Mesa Mark IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Find! Goodluck finding your dream C+! I'm sure that one will pop up on ebay in the next couple months...I'll keep an eye out for you!

Dersu Uzala said:
This seems to be a 'lucky' week for all things 2C+. I'm still chasing the elusive dead mint, fully loaded, very late 2C+ head (all confirmed with Boogie folk) but it's up to me as it stands. Johnson got his toy.

Yesterday, my luthier buddy and I went to another luthier buddy working for Marina Music in Marina del Rey. While they were talking business, I went window shopping. Sure enough I spot a lonely dusty Boogie combo with an 1x12" extension cab. Price tag reads $900. Recognized the face plate but you never know. Took it into a sound check room, hiding and blushing all along. Friggin' C upgraded to C+. 60 watter, barebones. No simul, no EQ, no reverb. Real clean guts, working amp though, minor scuffs in tolex and fairly dusty on the outside. Someone exchanged the original EV with Peavey Scorpion. Fortunately, extension cab still has original speaker. C+ fx loop test checks out. Cut the long story short, it's parked at the front door as I type. Switched speakers as well. Got the C+ and extension cab for $950 total. Cash, tax free :twisted: . I turned it over to my buddy though, he heard me bitching about these babies for years now. He's real happy to have one at that price. I'm continuing the quest towards that head.

Cheers.

Follow up:

The C+ was sent last Wednesday to Mike B, for cleanup, tuneup. The man called my buddy himself yesterday: "You lucky, lucky *******. You hit the jackpot". He tells my buddy (who is far from being technical when it comes to amps) that inside his amp, there's an oldest and most precious C+ PCB which Mike himself used as an experimental platform. It turned out to be too expensive for production so they modified it, he says. Once he puts the amp back in factory order, and I quote Mike, "it'll be one of the best sounding C+ out there, ever."

And I passed on it for the lack of Simul-class and GEQ.

The 64,000$ question for a few of you in the know: what the heck is Mike B. talking about? Anyone heard of this 'experimental PCB platform'? This could be the board they were using to tweak stuff while Randall Smith was in Germany at that expo.

Dersu Uzala said:
Dersu Uzala said:
This seems to be a 'lucky' week for all things 2C+. I'm still chasing the elusive dead mint, fully loaded, very late 2C+ head (all confirmed with Boogie folk) but it's up to me as it stands. Johnson got his toy.

Yesterday, my luthier buddy and I went to another luthier buddy working for Marina Music in Marina del Rey. While they were talking business, I went window shopping. Sure enough I spot a lonely dusty Boogie combo with an 1x12" extension cab. Price tag reads $900. Recognized the face plate but you never know. Took it into a sound check room, hiding and blushing all along. Friggin' C upgraded to C+. 60 watter, barebones. No simul, no EQ, no reverb. Real clean guts, working amp though, minor scuffs in tolex and fairly dusty on the outside. Someone exchanged the original EV with Peavey Scorpion. Fortunately, extension cab still has original speaker. C+ fx loop test checks out. Cut the long story short, it's parked at the front door as I type. Switched speakers as well. Got the C+ and extension cab for $950 total. Cash, tax free :twisted: . I turned it over to my buddy though, he heard me bitching about these babies for years now. He's real happy to have one at that price. I'm continuing the quest towards that head.

Cheers.

Follow up:

The C+ was sent last Wednesday to Mike B, for cleanup, tuneup. The man called my buddy himself yesterday: "You lucky, lucky *******. You hit the jackpot". He tells my buddy (who is far from being technical when it comes to amps) that inside his amp, there's an oldest and most precious C+ PCB which Mike himself used as an experimental platform. It turned out to be too expensive for production so they modified it, he says. Once he puts the amp back in factory order, and I quote Mike, "it'll be one of the best sounding C+ out there, ever."

And I passed on it for the lack of Simul-class and GEQ.

The 64,000$ question for a few of you in the know: what the heck is Mike B. talking about? Anyone heard of this 'experimental PCB platform'? This could be the board they were using to tweak stuff while Randall Smith was in Germany at that expo.

Thats awesome! Admittedly I know very little about PCB's but its cool that mike B has said that you have the best sounding C+!

PS. I just noticed how many views this thread has gotten! 8)

I've got an all original short chassis simul + reverb Mark IIC+ if anyone is interested...the wife says its got to go.

PM Me

Latest posts

Back