Wow! So I just bought another Mesa, this time a Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed that this morning when I check Mark IV amps daily. I emailed the seller to see what gives but there's no response yet. Maybe someone is trying to scam you???? The seller and buy have no feedback regarding this transaction so that's also weird. Also, tha price is really high (1725)

I hope he isn't as well. I actually bid on it the first time as well, and would never entertain a second chance offer for anything no matter how legit it was. I looked into it because I thought it did sell originally (which I confirmed). Needless to say I won't be bidding on this one. I'll be buying a new Head and a thiele cab.

you got scammed son!

thats a classic ebay scam. someone who didn't sell the amp somehow sends a second chance offer.
check the address on the paypal recipt, if its not in california then you're definitly a victim of a scam.

email that original seller fast and if you paid with paypal file a claim!

You probably already know, but don't pay. I'd hate to see another forum member get ripped off.

on something different, i did get a second chance offer and accepted, paid, and received the item as described - a great deal. so - some communication is required here but it may be legit. check it out. CAVEAT EMPTOR. of course.

rabies said:
I didn't pay yet...

from my Yahoo email:

Seller Information
gina concotilli
Winnetka, CA 91306 United States

oh... yeah, definitly talk to the selller first and find out why its up and you got a second chance offer.

too complicated --- you mentioned pickup? You picking up local, then only swap cash for product at the meet.

What ever happened w/ the deal? The seller emailed me back and said the buyer never contacted her and that her husband decided not to sell it after all and to use it for gigs. Did they not sell it to you using the same excuse? Update us. Thanks

Item number 180147146758. Maybe she didn't want to let me know about your deal.

I sorta figured that. Best of luck w/ the pickup of the amp and enjoyment thereafter.

All I can say is I hope that your amp is there when you go to pick it up. This whole deal sounds REALLY shady and personally I wouldn't have paid. If you are going to pick it up, why didn't you wait until you saw them in person and just pay in cash after you see the amp?

For future reference. Any time you get an email with a second chance offer, ignore the email. Go to your "my ebay" and go to your "my messages" section.

Any real 2nd chance offer will be in your "my messages" section!!!

I think I've really tried to like 6L6 tube amps but really gave up on it...

Try swapping outer pair 6L6's in your IV with the EL34's in your III, to see if it helps get you where you'd like to be tonewise. :wink:

Back