WOOHOO! Got me a Blue Angel!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmy-jengas

Reaction score
Oh man. I've been regretting getting rid of my Blue Angel 4x10 for a while now. I felt like an idiot for doing it and it's been eating away at me.

I made a call to one of the local stores, and they've been sitting on a rental Blue Angel for the past who knows how many years! I said to give me a price and I'd take it. I did!

It's in great condition, minus a scratchy volume pot. It's black on black and I absolutely love it. !!!

Nothing is like a Blue Angel. Pure tube, non master volume heaven. I gig mine 40/50 weekends a year. Loudest damned 15/30/38 watts I've ever heard, and headroom without fizz.

Did you get another 4;10? Mines a 1;12, with a V30.

Murph.

How much gain do these have? I've never played one. But always read great comments about them. Is it clean tones or overdriven tones or both that everyone loves?

I didn't know I double-posted. Sorry!

I got the 4x10 version. I think I'm going to retube it because the tubes have been sitting for many for many a year. I think a general cleaning of the amp will slay!

I played it for four hours the day I got it. The neighbors weren't even mad, because they loved the blues I was playing! Can't wait to get this sucker gigged!

jimmy-jengas said:
Oh man. I've been regretting getting rid of my Blue Angel 4x10 for a while now. I felt like an idiot for doing it and it's been eating away at me.

I made a call to one of the local stores, and they've been sitting on a rental Blue Angel for the past who knows how many years! I said to give me a price and I'd take it. I did!

It's in great condition, minus a scratchy volume pot. It's black on black and I absolutely love it. !!!

We need pictures!

ned said:
I so want a Blue Angel. Don't see many in Austin.

I saw one in a custom flame-job cabinet at Guitar Rez about four or five weeks ago. Give them a call and see if it's still there.

tik-

You remember what format it was in? The pawn across the street on Lamar had one in 4x10 combo but it was pretty beat and they wanted a silly price for it too.

ned said:
tik-

You remember what format it was in? The pawn across the street on Lamar had one in 4x10 combo but it was pretty beat and they wanted a silly price for it too.

# Used Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectfier Blue Angel Combo - $899

* Custom Factory Silver Flame Finish - Click Here for Picture!
* 1x12" Combo with Reverb
* Uses 2x6v6 or 4xEL84 Power Tubes

blueangel.jpg

Welcome back to the fray Jim! I know exactly what you mean. I've got a 1x12 and I plug into a 4x10 cab all the time, in fact I can't decide which way I like it better. It's a great amp. Lots killer tweaks for a one-channel job .... and it's an awesome canvas for pedals. But you probably already know all of this. :D

btw ... tic I want that paint job on my Dual Rectifier!! it looks killer! :D

Sorry for the lack of pictures. I will put some up post haste. Tomorrow after work should be the perfect time!

After this, I think I'm going to try to find either a Maverick (4x10 would look so badass beside the BA) or buy the 1x12 BA that's been sitting at a local shop for the last five years. It's probably dust ridden and smells of urine, but I don't care. The Blue Angel is the amp for me!

That flame is absolutely killer.

Murphy Slaw said:
Nothing is like a Blue Angel. Pure tube, non master volume heaven. I gig mine 40/50 weekends a year. Loudest damned 15/30/38 watts I've ever heard, and headroom without fizz.

Did you get another 4;10? Mines a 1;12, with a V30.

Murph.

What did you do to get rid of the fizz? If you don't get too gainy, it doesn't get that fizzy, but if you're dimin it and not getting fizz, what's your secret?

As for headroom, I swear I get more from my Champ 12 (10.5 watts). I think it's just the right amount, but still find it to seem like a quiet 38 watts. Love the amp, though.

this is the first mesa amp i tried few years ago... i used friend's rig for a gig with my band... then i tought, i have to get one of those mesa... then i checked the price and tought "ok, i have to win the lottery first"... :shock:

i wait a few years before i found a second hand mesa for a decent price... but it was a caliber 50+... i like it... :D

waxnsteel said:
What did you do to get rid of the fizz? If you don't get too gainy, it doesn't get that fizzy, but if you're dimin it and not getting fizz, what's your secret?

fizz? what fizz? ... maybe somethings loose? Have you checked for a bad voice coil?

(sorry, I'm just chiming in, but I couldn't stop myself. The Blue Angel is not 'fizzy' and least this one isn't.)

Congratulations on your reaquisition of one of the best Mesa's ever made. My Blue Angel is a 1x12, man what a sweet amp!! tt

tiktok said:
ned said:
tik-

# Used Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectfier Blue Angel Combo - $899

* Custom Factory Silver Flame Finish - Click Here for Picture!
* 1x12" Combo with Reverb
* Uses 2x6v6 or 4xEL84 Power Tubes

blueangel.jpg

I'm generally not one for gaudy finishes, but God that's hot!

Latest posts

Back