Will EQ help this issue....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ollievk

Reaction score
What's up guys, wondering if you could help. I'm running a 3 channel Triple Rec through a oversized recto 4X12 cabinet, with a Maxon od808 through the effects loop along with a ns-2 in both the effects loop and front of the amp (looking to upgrade this when I get paid) I'm also playing an ESP MX 250 II.

Right, I'm trying to dial in the right tone, but I've noticed the bass is quite farty(!!) in places, it sounds fat, but then it's got that frequency that sounds absolutely ****. Will this be sorted out by an EQ in the effects loop or is it a speaker issue?

Cheeeeeeers

I'd say get that 808 out of the effects loop this is reserved for time based effects. OD's are meant to slam the front of the amp not run in parallell with the amps signal. This is most likely what's causing the farting noise.

If those are the only effect you run I wouldn't think you'd need a noise suppressor.

I run a dd-3 and ce-5 in the loop, a wah, ts808 out front and sometimes a flange, and I don't need noise suppressor even at cranked tones. My signal is nice and clean. I get mild hi gain hum but it's acceptable.

I also recommend dialing the OD as on the gain channels as follows...
gain 0
tone noon
Level to parity gain

If you run it on the clean channel you can dial all this to taste to dirty up your tone.

An eq in the loop is nice but I avoid eq's with a "gain"setting on them. I had an MXR 10 band and got rid of it becaue I could never dial it without adding a slight amount of gain to the signal. I've been wanting to pick up the MXR 6 band and just haven't got around to it.

Good luck

sounds like you have the bass up too high... alot of times its just the way the mesa cabs are voiced and nothing you can do about it, i notice a big difference between my bassons and the mesas at the studio i goto, for sum reason theyre always muddy and boomy at high volumes id say lower the bass and raise the mids to compensate a lil bit, and an eq in the loop will def help to clean up the sound

An EQ in the loop could fix the problem too. Some bass frequencies = thump, while others = mud.

Back