Will a Dual Rectifier sound good with a Bogner 2x12 cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me... :lol: Just kidding.

I would have definitely tried the Raodster with its designed cab too.

I have yet to find a cab that I don't like the Mark IV through. It might take a little dialing but it sounds great through everything I have tried.

disassembled said:
Size does matter. I mean come on be realistic. A speaker that becomes clausterphobic in its own cab isn't going to work too well compared with a cab that has plenty of room to breathe.

Realistic? Ya, I guess Mesa must've overlooked the part about the speaker not working too well in that cab, huh? :roll:

jbird said:
disassembled said:
Size does matter. I mean come on be realistic. A speaker that becomes clausterphobic in its own cab isn't going to work too well compared with a cab that has plenty of room to breathe.

Realistic? Ya, I guess Mesa must've overlooked the part about the speaker not working too well in that cab, huh? :roll:

That doesn't mean that everyone would like the cab. You are recommending it a little too eagerly. Recto cabinets are a good example for this. People are often complaining about the low-end it has. But wait...isn't it supposed to be the perfect match for Rectifiers? :)

Told you the Stiletto 4x12 is awesome :D

GC finally shipped my my cab, but I opened it up and they sent me an OVERSIZED :x...such incompetant idiots in that store...

I will have my stiletto 4x12 on Saturday :D

F50user said:
That doesn't mean that everyone would like the cab. You are recommending it a little too eagerly. Recto cabinets are a good example for this. People are often complaining about the low-end it has. But wait...isn't it supposed to be the perfect match? :)

I am recommending he try his Roadster head with the Roadster cab! Recto cab a perfect match to what? The Solo heads? Yes, the Solo heads are known for they're massive low end ability, so a Recto cab is a good match, if that's what you want, and that's how Mesa has intended it!

jbird said:
F50user said:
That doesn't mean that everyone would like the cab. You are recommending it a little too eagerly. Recto cabinets are a good example for this. People are often complaining about the low-end it has. But wait...isn't it supposed to be the perfect match? :)

I am recommending he try his Roadster head with the Roadster cab! Recto cab a perfect match to what? The Solo heads? Yes, the Solo heads are known for they're massive low end ability, so a Recto cab is a good match, if that's what you want, and that's how Mesa has intended it!

I'm saying that there is always a possibility that someone totally hates the Roadster cab with their Roadster heads, no matter how unlikely that is. You make it sound as if it is the best cab for Roadster without question.

If I could get a Recto cab, I would definitely not wait for three months to TRY a Roadster cab (if this was the case, apparently it's not this time). Imagine that if you realize that you like the Recto cab better...

My experience with a Recto through a Bogner 2X12 was ify ify. Very aggressive sounding and huge. Great for leads and very woody feeling I just didnt like the bass it put out. I felt its probably better with a bogner amp to be perfectly honest. I also tried the Ace with it and also thought it was too much bass and not enough full midrange. It took the character outta it in my opinion. Dont get me wrong it was bitchin', I just felt the Mesa Traditional cab sounded better with these amps.It certainly gave the Ace more of a Recto feel.

F50user said:
I'm saying that there is always a possibility that someone totally hates the Roadster cab with their Roadster heads, no matter how unlikely that is. You make it sound as if it is the best cab for Roadster without question.

If I could get a Recto cab, I would definitely not wait for three months to TRY a Roadster cab (if this was the case, apparently it's not this time). Imagine that if you realize that you like the Recto cab better...

So what your saying, ("always a possibility that someone totally hates something") leads to no informed recommendation! My recommendation comes via reference from my last purchase! I purchased a (unheard) 212 cab to go with my latest head from information and research I gathered from the designer/engineer of that specific head, in which the said cab was designed for! I was going to wait two months for something I felt was matched to my new head, but instead searched the dealer inventory for which I found my cab! I was actually shipped the wrong 212 cab, (an alternate choice) and relunctantly returned it! It was true that the Deliverence cab I got brought out the best qualities of my Deliverence head! So again, I have recommended the poster try his Roadster head with a Roadster cab, based on information I gathered regarding matching cabs to said heads! It workrd for me, and if I were to buy A Roadster head, I'd get a Roadster cab!

And if you people are going to decline the oppurtunity of trying a Roadster head out with a Roadster cab based on it's size, or because it did'nt match up with a "whatever" head, then you are denying the fact that Mesa has put some research into this head/cab match! And thereafter, if you all still feel the cab does not bring out the best qualities of the Roadster head, I'd begin questioning into Mesa's design/engineering techniques! But I would doubt the latter! I trust Mesa knows what they're doing! :roll: :idea: :!:

barneyc4 said:
I ended up buying the Stiletto slanted 4x12. The thing is beautiful.

And there ya go! I notice Mesa does'nt make a Roadster 4/12! And that they claim you'd be surprised the sound coming from the Roadster 2/12 is'nt coming from a 4/12! Huh!

jbird said:
And there ya go! I notice Mesa does'nt make a Roadster 4/12! And that they claim you'd be surprised the sound coming from the Roadster 2/12 is'nt coming from a 4/12! Huh!

There is a thing called marketing, you know :)

Stiletto 4x12 is a really good match to the Roadster. I would have bought that too if I needed a 4x12 cab.

Will the Stiletto 4x12 also sound great with the Mark IV or Tripple Rectifier

Back