3 New Mesa Rectifier cabs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloanthebone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1203.jpeg

Curious about the diagonal 2x12. 19lbs lighter than the 2x12 vertical slant one and an inch shorter and wider. same price but doesn’t include castors.

I want to get a 2x12 vertical in white bronco to match my Mark VII but now might get one of these for my TC100 and Badlander and strip the black bronco from my current 2x12 vertical and rewrap it in white bronco. Hmmmm…..

I see Bandit had already caught the 2x12 a month ago: I just noticed that Mesa Boogie renamed the compact cabinet line as "Boogie" cabs.

1x10
1x12
2x12

Last edited:
I saw the diagonal 212 cab on a vendor's website. I thought it may have been a mistake on American Musical Supply. It was there but not on Mesa's website. Nobody else had it. Thought it was an exclusive deal to have it listed first?

I got an email notice from Mesa just a few days ago about the new Rectifier cab lineup. It was a promotional advertisement about the new products.

I thought the same thing, it would make a good cab for the bottom of the V212. That would be one tall and easy to tip over stack. Why do that when you can just get a 412 cab? Oh, yeah, easier to fit two 212 cabs in an SUV or van than a single 412 cab. There is a difference in tone when running two vertical 212 cabs vs one 412 cab, 4 ohms vs 8 ohms.

However, two 412 cabs will sound better than two 212 cabs. I do not like using ladders to set my amp controls. It was tall enough with the V212 (casters removed) and one 4x10 on top. I did a stack up of the two 4x10 cabs which was a little shorter but not by much. That was a different sound. I prefer the 412 or V212. However, the JP2C can push those 410 cabs into submission. So far that was the winner for the 410 cab(s) Mark VII just did not seem to have the same tone density as the JP2C. I need to try the BAD with the STR445 tubes and run it with the 4x10 again. EL34 were not quite there sonically.

My days of regularly moving Recto 4X12’s are over. They are my favorite cabs without a doubt and hopefully I’ll get the random occasion to break them out. I’m just tired of wrestling those beasts.

Yup, 2x12’s fit in vehicles easier too. They also take up less space in a stereo setup.

I don’t think they would be that unstable… unless you’re on a 1/2” plywood ‘stage’ that’s sagging with each hit of the kick drum. Been there done that, and none of the bands stacked 4x12’s that night because of fear they would topple.

I just thought a bottom/top stereo 2x12 stack setup would look awesome ;)

Dom

Last edited:
Was looking at the widebody 112 cab with some interest. I have the open back version I stuffed an EV speaker into. The closed back version with the EV would sound great, stacking them together would be like having the old 212 half back I would assume. EVs work well in a sealed cab just as whey do in the open back format. Tempting but not sure I will go for it. I have enough cabs already.

My days of regularly moving Recto 4X12’s are over. They are my favorite cabs without a doubt and hopefully I’ll get the random occasion to break them out. I’m just tired of wrestling those beasts.

Yup, 2x12’s fit in vehicles easier too. They also take up less space in a stereo setup.

I don’t think they would be that unstable… unless you’re on a 1/2” plywood ‘stage’ that’s sagging with each hit of the kick drum. Been there done that, and none of the bands stacked 4x12’s that night because of fear they would topple.

I just thought a bottom/top stereo 2x12 stack setup would look awesome ;)

Dom
I have been running my Rectoverb 25 combo with a Mini Rec closed back cab/speaker and it sounds huge! Plus it’s lightweight. So essentially I am running 2x12 and it will do most anything I need. Hope this helps. What style music are you playing?

Back