Why is my 1x12 HUGE?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASBerklee12

Reaction score
I was clearing out my bookmarks today and saw a link to a LSC 1x12 combo for sale I had bookmarked when I was shopping for amps a while back. I just received a LSC 1x12, and looking at the picture, mine is much shorter and longer; it looks like a 2x12. Confused, I got on google images and searched "mesa lonestar 1x12," and all the others looked much smaller than mine. The dimensions are totally different. Mine looks exactly like a 2x12, but is in fact a 1x12. It's a 100/50W, not one of the newer 100/50/10W...could it be that the older generation is younger? Just wondering...I just find this to be very odd!

My 2x12 is a 2004. Back then I noticed the 1x12's were about the same size. Yeah where's the benefit. It's still a "pig". OTOH, there has been some threads around here saying that a LSC 1x12 actually sounded better(bigger & fuller) than the 2x12. Apparently, more cab space with less speakers crammed in allow for better cab resonance. Bad for your back, :( good for tone. :D

It's cheaper to make one size cab. Standardization of parts is the be-all and end-all of manufacturing.

Thanks guys! I does sound big, which I love. But I'm moving to Boston to go to college, putting it in cabs or rolling it down the street, taking it up and down staircases. I love the amp, but it may just be waay too huge. It was between this and an Express 5:50 1x12, which is about half the size. I just got the LS, but I may have to sell it or trade it for an Express. Getting it out to Boston is already going to cost me a fortune...
Smitty

It is bulky, and heavy. And Mesa only put the one handle on top, which is really isn't enough. This beast should have the handles in the sides of the cab, too.

You are not going to want to go up/down stairs etc. with it. I have one and I don't take it places because of the size and weight.

-Gary K

Latest posts

Back