Why do people leave unclipped strings while playing??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better tone. More organic.

Also helps to check your cable directionality and de-magnetize your CDs....

highwaynine said:
And maybe explains why a capo will sometimes throw the guitar out of tune?

This is caused when the capo is placed on the neck and depresses the strings at that point and 'making the string go sharp...........I could go into detail but can't be bothered as had long day at wrk........very much depends on the height of the strings in the first place though....take a straight line and then draw the same line with a dent in it so it goes down then up, thats what a capo will do............ I aways intonate my guitars in the fretting method where you fret the 5 fret then the 17th.....if its true then you have more chance of better intonation whilst playing
........ open string intonation will not give you that.........ie open
string to 12 fret harmonic (in my opinion is the worst method)...don't do it guys.....
regards

the tuner system of my tele is not good (even if it never get out of tune), because i have to clip the string before put in on the tuner (sorry for my bad english)... so if i cut too long or too short it just piss me off... so i don't clip the strings anymore

in fact i don't care 'bout clip it or not, and i never hurt someone's eye... but my back is often hurts by my bandmate headstock...

Fretting with jumbo frets can sound sharp as opposed to lower profile frets.

I stopped doing this 15 years ago because I picked up my guitar at rehearsal and one of the strings got me in the inner ear - not sure if it hit my eardrum or not but I've never been in so much pain.

DON'T DO IT KIDS!

GIG4FUN said:
I re-visit this again...

they're compensating for short wankers.

isn't that the source of all idiots with and electric instrument?

reminds me of a moral. don't sleep naked in the same room as your bandmates. The old guitarist in my band did it and the drummer ripped on him non stop.

mikey383 said:
highwaynine said:
I've found that a new string de-tunes pretty dramatically when you cut it. I'll actually tune the strings to concert, THEN cut them. They all immediately go flat, but when I re-tune, they're much better settled.

Of course all that says is that if you changed your string on stage, in an emergency, maybe not cutting it would help get you up and going faster. But Showing Up with all six strings flailing like jellyfish tentacles?

I hesitate to call anyone stupid, but... well, sometimes it's tempting. :?

If your strings are going flat from cutting them, then you aren't wrapping them properly. I've never had a string go flat
just from cutting it.
Exactly. If the string is wound then that's all there is to do. If you have a locking nut, even better...lol

don't understand... anyway... i really don't know why people are so agressive 'bout strings... weird

je viens de belgique ! et ça me ferait bien délirer de parler français sur le boogie board !! :D

meursault said:
je viens de belgique ! et ça me ferait bien délirer de parler français sur le boogie board !! :D

De Belgique ! et vous parlez français sur le conseil de boogy ! C'est chose très fière dans ma vue. Vous êtes un tenir le premier rôle en mon livre !
Je disais comment ce fil était si long et lui portait sur moi pour comprendre comment tellement pourrait être dit à son sujet. « bien, il porte sur nous tous. .look au compte de poteau. Les gants sont éteints maintenant. » Signifiant je disais des choses que je normalement ne dirais pas !
Je vous souhaite bien !

When I was like 16 years old I left mine unclipped because Kerry King from Slayer kept his unclipped...I also wanted to wear one of those porcupine looking nail armbands like he wore too....

Now I just think unclipped strings are tacky & unprofessional....But I still think Kerry King's nail-armband looks badass....

Latest posts

Back