Who inspired you to play a boogie?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad Gillis,

His tone from his IIB's on Ozzy's speak of the devil just killed me.

I knew then that was what I needed.

scott

gts said:
Monsta-Tone said:
I was just driving home from a friend's wedding and Europa came on the Classic Vinyl (don't care if I misspelled it!) channel.
All I can say is 'Holy f%&# TONE Batman!'
That's Santana's Europa not Thomas Dolby's just in case anybody is wondering ;-) :lol:
What's even funnier is that I know the Thomas Dolby song, but not Santana's! :D

Hey... I grew out of 'guitar rock' by the early '80s and listened to a LOT of electrobeat. :mrgreen: Trust me... at that time it was a helluva lot better for getting close to the cute'n'sexy girls than anything with guitars... :wink:

I was always impressed by Metallica's sound even though I played Marshalls for years, but it wasn't until about 8 years ago when my best friend and I actually went to play some boogies at the local shop. My bud went home with one that night and the next day I brought my jcm 900 in for consignment and took home my first boogie. No looking back, since though LOG is my biggest inspiration.

Tony Iommi..

He used either 2Bs or early 2Cs on the Live Evil album. IMHO this tone is way better than what I think he gets from the Laneys he is currently using.

My guitar tech turned me on to the Triaxis and Mark IV tone. In 2003, I picked up a Mark IV and this year I picked up a couple of Triaxis and 2:90 rigs. I was playing through Marshall's pre-Boogie.

Santana (lead tone-wow), All those Stones albums (steroid fender rhythms), Keiths first solo record (my favorite cleans)
and Gillis on Speak of the Devil..(just screamin tones).

But also, Lindsey Buckingham around Rumours...way underated.

Anyway, pretty much any tone I ever heard that grabbed me turned out to be a Mark Series Boogie, (or in a few cases a Marshall turned up louder than i could ever use it..) so it should have made my amp quest easy...but it didn't!

Santana, Night Ranger, Stryper and a band called Mass that was produced by the boy's in Stryper. They had one of the most killer Boogie tones. But I saw Night Ranger doing "Don't Tell me you love me".

My guitar teacher had a Mesa Boogie back in 1990...I remember it was a weird name (I had never heard of it at the time), but it sounded so much better than the crap amp that he made me play through. I remember it had sliders on it...Wish I knew if it was a Mark something...anyway...that's why I bought one...now own a 2nd...

Carpdawg said:
My guitar teacher had a Mesa Boogie back in 1990...I remember it was a weird name (I had never heard of it at the time), but it sounded so much better than the crap amp that he made me play through. I remember it had sliders on it...Wish I new if it was a Mark something...anyway...that's why I bought one...now own a 2nd...

probably "Subway Blues" that's a weird name for an amp I think!

Latest posts

Back