Who else feels that their mesa is very heavy? (weight)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AustinK

Reaction score
Wow it was tough lugging my mark III half stack to go jam today. So who else feels that their mesa is one day going to throw out their back :lol:
I didn't expect it but the head alone is heavier than my line 6 2x12 combo.

That's a plus-one-er good buddy.
That's why Thieles were invented.
Thieles with wheelies.
I'm waiting for a Neodymium that sounds like an EVM 12L.

Superman would feel like he downed a handful of Kryptonite if he had to lift a Mesa.

Now here's a heavy Boogie! The seller must think these amps are priced by the pound, like meat. :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IIA-Big-Brother-Combo-Amp-15-rare-79_W0QQitemZ130201339466QQihZ003QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Holy @#$%!

That is one expensive boogie. That is a few towns over from me but I don't dare take a stab at that price. The only way I pay that much for a boogie is a C+ Import Loaded in Hardwood with an extension cab and a beautiful naked blonde to flip the standby switch.

My MkIV narrow combo is pretty weighty, which is why I always move it around in a roadcase, so I only need to lift it in and out of the truck. My Subways are all easy to move. If the Subway Rocket had a switchable effects loop, I'd probably use it all the time. I always run my MkIV in Class A triode mode, often on the Tweed setting, and the master volume is never above 5.

The other guitarist in my band finally replaced his Laney with a Studio 22, and it covers all the bases and isn't a back killer. I didn't realise until I saw his that the two channels have no shared controls, and there's no pull features. It's the Mesa for folks who like to keep it simple, and sounds great. Soundguys are always happy when they see our combos.

My rule of thumb for halfstacks is, if you're the guy moving and setting up your gear at the gig, a halfstack is too big for that room.

Yeap. Boogie has allways made stuff heavy duty and heavy. From big beefy trannys to cabs built like brick outhouses.

There are some of the amps that are lighter though.

The DC-5's for a 50 watter is pretty light and has smaller trannys. Most allways though the less *** you have the less weight you have.

The Widebody Lonstar Cabs are built like Tanks but heavey as well.

15 watt amps are light and 100 watt amps are heavet for the most part though.

You both are right.

I love the sound of a Half Stack. There is nothing like a 4x12 Cab with a great Head on it cranked. Unfortunately all of my family, friends, and cobandmates do not agree. :lol:

Mark III and Mark IV widebodys are peanuts, try lifting my rig :lol:
Guess on the Bass 400: +/- 20 kg
Strategy 400: 27,2 kg
Powerhouse 1000: +/- 82 kg
Diesel 210: 31,7 kg
Diesel 115: 28,8 kg

I get suspicious when an amp is too light. I worked on an old Ampeg VT-22 combo a few weeks ago that made my boogie combo's seem to lift themselves. I had a BF Twin Reverb with JBL E-120's for a while that I swear was glued to the floor. But man that clean BF tone was to die for. An amp that doesn't drag some balls makes me think I'm getting ready to plug into transistors or something. You guys quit yer cryin' and exercise once in a while. Boogies Rule.

I think my 2C+ Coli head weighs 60 plus pounds..will have to get the scale out
-I am a full figured guy, so no biggy
-I remember the old days of loading out my marshall 4x12-had to bear hug that sucker and go up and down steps at the various apt. complexes I lived in..any of you cats have to do that..?neighbors just stare..of course, those were the greenback days...no way I am doing that with the ev loaded halfback 4x12..noooooo
-gotta love the thieles!

lesterpaul said:
I think my 2C+ Coli head weighs 60 plus pounds..will have to get the scale out
-I am a full figured guy, so no biggy
-I remember the old days of loading out my marshall 4x12-had to bear hug that sucker and go up and down steps at the various apt. complexes I lived in..any of you cats have to do that..?neighbors just stare..of course, those were the greenback days...no way I am doing that with the ev loaded halfback 4x12..noooooo
-gotta love the thieles!

Thats why I got the boogie combo . Hah ! 4 flights with a 4x12 , juggling keys , the door foot kick , quick squat to get thru , and up the stairs !
When they saw me with this little amp in both hand's and sweating they commented that I must be out of shape ..
I mean , how heavy can a hardwood simul combo with ev be ?

If your not ready for it , it feels bolted to the floor ! :lol:

Still not anywhere near ready to build ramps for the house though ...

Latest posts

Back