Which OD Pedal?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tpwelie34 said:
What would be the best way to power my pedals in terms of price, reliability, and noise?

I was thinking of something like a One Spot but am worrying that probably somewhere down the line, the quality of it will make me want to buy something else.

I've been using a One Spot for awhile with no problems. Obviously there are better choices, but not for $35. It's Definitely good enough to get you going.

As for overdrive, I have a Maxon OD808 And an Ibanez TS808. I've had the Ibanez longer, but I talked a guy down to $60 for the Maxon, so I couldn't pass it up. I've spent some hours A/B'ing them (with different playing styles) and still can't make up my mind. In general I think the Maxon sounds a lot smoother. The Ibanez definitely has something cool going on too, though. As with everything else, it comes down to personal taste, but they both sound awesome on the Dual Recto. 8)

Has any of you guys tryed the Tc Electronic nova drive? I had a tS9 modded to 808, the common brown mod and i like it a lot, but didn't like to tap dance, when i change to clean chanel, i don't want to hear the dist from the TS, bought the Nova Drive wich has sounds from overdrive to distortions, and can be activated via midi, now my set up is: Guitar -> Nova Drive -> Single Rectifier -> G-Major, and i control the G-Major and the Nova Drive with the Bheringer FCB1010, the G-Major also switches my chanels ;)

Back