Which band do you favor the most!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which band do you favor the most?!

• Black Sabbath/Ozzy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Danzig

• Disturbed

• Lamb of God

• Led Zeppelin

• Metallica

• Nirvana

• Pantera

• Slipknot

• Tool

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axxis

Reaction score
Aight, first I realize there could be a list of at least 20 bands up here if not more but I'm makin the post and I'm pretty much limiting it to my personal top ten favorite bands, lol. I know rather subjective eh? This doesn't have to be who you think contributed the msot to guitar but just simply when you plug in a jam, who do you favor? Anyways will be pretty interesting to see the results from what I would consider qualified* participants right here at the boogie board. Who else's opinion matters anyways!
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Footnotez--
I realize Ozzy had different guitarists but if he's in line for you're top pick I just want his overall contribution to your listening preference.

Led Zeppelin, a band that will never fade into obscurity ...

I voted Tool, but Distrubed comes in a close second, followed by Metallica, Pantera, then Slipknot.

I could care less about the rest of them.

The Knot has my vote, but honestly several of those are really close to taking it, imo. Good list, but where's Slayer :twisted: ?

Slayer is a great band and it was hard to get this list. I didnt want it a mile long and the 9th and 10th spots were up for grabs by about 6-7 different bands. I myself Voted Tool as well! Nice to see Tool lovers here, i'm always in search of their sweet tone on my rig. As far as the "None of the above'ers" Dont kill my post! lol. I realize some people may not be in to this kind of music but there isnt' a single band in the list that you like?! I just can't imagine someone that plays guitar and loves it simply not liking ANY of these bands. . . .

Zep
Sabbath
Nirvana
Tool
Metalica

IF I have to chose from that list, that is.

Otherwise -- mine would start with:
Porcupine Tree
Pain of Salvation

I had to do Sabbath/Ozzy with Pantera as a close second. Jake E. Lee is one of my favorite guitarists so thats a big part of the deal.

Out of that list, I vote for Black Sabbath. And not because of Ozzy or Tony Iommi. Terence "Geezer" Butler is one of my favorite bass players. The Black Sabbath songs were not really all that complex, but his creative bass lines made them fun to listen to, at least for me. :D

When it comes to jammin I'm all about NIRVANA!!! I can't believe im the 1st person who voted for them!

BooGieman2000 said:
When it comes to jammin I'm all about NIRVANA!!! I can't believe im the 1st person who voted for them!

To each their own. When I first heard the '90s grunge, my ******* puckered from the whole body heave. If Nirvana and the like get you to a good place, by all means go for it :D . Everyone gets inspired by something different. I just got done listening to "Hand of Doom", in all its poetic justice :lol: .

wow, i'm impressed that Tool is winning over juggernauts like Metallica, Zep and Sabbath. :shock:

fwiw, Aenima is my single favorite record to just plug in and play along with. It's also my all time favorite record. Maybe there's a connection there...

I'm actually a little surprised as well. Tool is my favorite band hands down. It's not even a hard pick for me, I've listened to tool for almost 15 years, lol. Now 2nd-4th is kinda hard to say for me and it pretty much changes from monday to friday. IMHO tool is like the fine wine of the music business. Everyone likes a Metallica song or two and Pantera will rock your socks off but Tool is just in a league of their own. They have a very sophisticated and intricate style. Noone else has it just right like they do, I simply love them!

Latest posts

Back