New Boogie Member

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMC

Reaction score
Hello All,
Ashamed to say, 69 and my first Boogie !
Mark v 25 and two 1x12 open back cabs C-90's.
Have a guitarist friend who pointed me in this direction. Wanted something a cut above what I was playing, and the MV 25 is. Gigged once with 1x12 so far.
My other amps are Fender DRRI, Fender Blues Jr, Marshall DSL 20 loaded with Greenback, with 1x12 closed back cab C 70/80 speaker, Boss Katana 50 practice amp.
Tried to decide between Fillmore 25 or Mark 25 amps, both sounded good but more sounds in the Mark V to my ears.
Classic Rock player, need cleans and some crunch, really like the rock tones on Ch 2 M IV mode low gain. Also using Crunch mode with light gain, can cover nice cleans and hit it with a drive pedal for a bit more breakup.
Mark IV tones far superior to dirt pedals. I'm using a Strymon Sunset and JHS Angry Charlie, good enough to boost when needed.
Mark V makes my Marshall sound animic unless I really turn it up.
Cant play really loud in the two bands I'm in, so like how I can control the volume with the Mark and still sound good. Mark does seem to brighten up when I get to juice the volume though.

Todd
Long Island , NY

Latest posts

Back